I can't decide... Help?

Could somebody help me clear up my decision on something?

I've wanted a lip ring for years, and around last Christmas, on my birthday, my dad gave permission to pierce my lip. The only day that I could was a day that my boyfriend was with me, due to the fact that the piercing shop was closed from holidays, and I was busy on a lot of the days, so I didn't get it pierced then, because I didn't want him to be with me. (I'm terrified of needles, you see, and I didn't want him to see me panic.)

So the piercing shop in my town is moving to a different location, further into town, and due to this, they have a deal. You can get any piercing there for ten dollars. It's the only place around town that pierces lips, and seems sanitary. Normally, a lip piercing would cost about 25 dollars, I think, from the same place.

And I'm not getting a job until after I turn 18, which is several months away, because the places I want to apply at won't hire someone under 18, or they pay below the adult minimum wage. (A minor can get paid as low as 6.55, while an adult can't be paid lower than 7.40) So I don't need to worry about not being allowed to wear it until it's healed.

But my dad said that it would, "ruin my pretty face," and my boyfriend says that he thinks I'd look better without one. Starbuck!, my best real life friend, told me to go for it, and another one of my friends told me that she was on the fence about it, but leaning toward it being bad, because I "wouldn't be the same." Honestly, though, I think she may be saying this because she has a very conservative family, and knows that I could do it, and she can't, when she really likes lip piercings. My ex boyfriend (current friend), said that I should do it, and if I don't like it, just to take it out and let it heal up.

I honestly don't know if I should or shouldn't do it, though. If I was decent at Photoshop (and had it), I would alter it to look like I had a lip ring, but I don't.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make up my mind?
July 24th, 2009 at 07:39am