WARPED July 22, 2009!

July 22, 2009. VANS WARPED TOUR.
(With Joyce, Jackie, Katlyn, Bubba, Sam, Haley, and Sydney.)

OMB it was amazing. I saw the Maine! Finally! –squee- I missed their freaking signing though. We found their tent at maybe 4:30 and the signing was at 2:30 and it was basically all cleared out I was like damnn.
And then Pat, Kennedy, and Garret were standing right in the front when I walked in and I kind of abandoned my friends to go say hi to them really quickly. I only got to actually talk to Pat though.

But yeah to the bands. In kind of sort of order I saw them? I didn’t see as many as I did last year, but mostly because I was so dead set on seeing The Maine I didn’t really pay attention to when any of the other bands were playing.

All Time Low was first, and I walked out of the pit wanting to puke my brains out because I had already felt sick while waiting in line but it was worth it, despite not really being able to see them the whole time. They played Weightless, Lost In Stereo, Circles, Dear Maria, Count Me In, Poppin’ Champagne and Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don’t) I really wanted to hear them play Therapy live, because apparently that live is really amazing, but they didn’t, I was little a disappointed in that. My favourite quote was when Alex was like “Go get some condoms from the Trojan tent, because a lot of people lose their virginity at Warped. There are special designated sex areas.” They had a circle mosh competition with Less Than Jake. They lost.
But they were still pretty damned amazing. I waved my friend Katlyn's undies in the air that she got from the Jeffree Star tent. Alex looked over for a good minute like “What the fuck?” Cause they were hot pink. And then a chick standing in front of us gave us the same look and Katlyn was like "I swear to God, I still have underwear on, I just bought those." It was amazing. Alex and Jack were fighting about screwing up the songs, and apparently, we’re all going to take a bath together in nice smelling salts that will make our bodies nice and clean and not dirty or oily and then we’re going to get into bed together goddamnit. (Gotta love Alex.)

Dear and the Headlights was somewhere after ATL. I just kind of listened to/saw them while sitting in the amphitheater seats waiting for my friend to come back with food. They were absolutely amazing. I wanted to get in the crowd but I had to keep our seats.

Then Less Than Jake, I’m pretty sure, they played the Star Wars theme, the one from the movie, and then they played it with the guitars and drums it was like “OhmyGod holy shit that’s amazing.” They basically pwned. My friend and I were laughing about it the whole time. They were one of the best of the day.

I saw the one song I knew of Bayside’s. I heard it a bit, and I dragged my friend over to watch just for that one song, we managed to get onto the very edge of the mosh and that was pretty amazing. Bayside is the shizz live.

For a while, my friends and I just sat under a red tent, because no one was using it and we needed shade and somewhere to sit until a band we wanted to see was playing. That's where we were sitting when I heard Boy by Bayside and dragged Katlyn over there to watch with me.

I saw the lovely Madina Lake again. (:
They were just amazing as always, I got a high five from Nate because he was hanging out behind the stage and was talking to the few people walking by. I just said hi and waved, and he gave me a high five. It was pretty sweet. I only got to see about three songs this year, which I was kind of bummed about, but it was great either way. At least I didn’t get hit in the head with a Monster can this time around.

Escape the Fate was freaking insane. My friends left a few songs before they finished, because the mosh was that bad, I stayed so I’d be up front for The Maine (which I was). I ended up seeing an old friend who happens to be really tall so I got near him and was kind of protected from all the crowd surfers. XD
One of the people in the crowd that they knew had a friend commit suicide a few weeks earlier and they played Not Good Enough for him. I wanted to give him a hug because I’ve been there. The best was Situations, my friends and I were acting like total lesbians during that song, it was great. :D
I was kind of annoyed they didn’t play It’s Just Me because that’s my favourite song from This War Is Ours, but their show was great regardless. I got killed in the mosh, but it was worth it because I managed to get onto the railing right before The Maine started.

And finally, The Maine time!
They were the main reason I went to Warped this year, and they were one of the last bands playing. I ended up being abandoned by the people I came with because they wanted to see Jeffree Star, but it was worth being alone because they were just amazing.
I was kind of bummed they didn’t play Whoever She Is, but they did play I Must Be Dreaming, so that made up for it. John Ohh waved at me and it was hilarious because the chick beside me was one of those crazy fangirls and she like screamed and over-reacted and almost fell over. I was laughing the entire time.
John Ohh got cut on his foot, so he was wearing one of Garret’s socks. He was like “Usually when I cut myself, not like that -makes cutting motion with the mic- , but whenever I get cut, I usually pass out or throw up, and I didn’t do that this time, so I think I got over my fear.”
They had us scream to wake them up because they’d been sleeping all day because they were all kind of sick. I ended up standing right in front of Jared, and I’ll just say he is one amazing person. I got pictures. (: I saw him at their tent too when I went to get a shirt, but he looked kind of tired and not all that great feeling so I just waved and walked away. Their cover of Pour Some Sugar on Me is drool worthy, though. Forrealz.

And then finally, I saw a song and a half of Jeffree Star because I had to walk across the whole dirt field venue thing to get to where he was playing. Really, the only thing I caught of that was him and his blonde and blue-haired friend dancing and then him being attacked by a chick on stage and making out with him.
He was okay though.
He made my friend whore-ish. That was annoying.

This is a lot longer than last year’s, but oh well.
I loved the people there this year, because everyone had like Free Hugs signs or it written on their chest or stomach. It was great.
Someone from this amazing band Mandy K (I can’t figure out who it is) gave us a hug. I was just talking to my friend while he was getting the CD like “We’re part of the unofficial free hugs campaign…” He’s like “I’ll give you a hug!” He gives really great hugs too. (:

But this year was great; I hung out with a bunch of my friends, and met up with a lot of people too that I wasn’t expecting to see there. Like Sam the guy who I saw and was all "OhmyGod Sam!" and he said the same but with Vicky, and we hugged a pretty great long hug, but while I had condoms in my hand. Apparently, it looked awkward.
My favourite part was probably while I was standing with my friends Sam the girl and Bubba and I think the Oreskaband was playing and we could hear a little and it was just “Don’t call me white!” Sam was all “Yeah, I’m peach damnit!”
Also, the Trojan Condom blow up tent thingamajig is absolutely amazing, you have to go in it if Warped hasn’t already come to your town yet. It’s an IMAX roller-coaster!
I got two condoms too, and a freaking whoopie cushion from the TRUTH stand.
They're my favourite organization now, they joke on smoking in a witty, appropiate way. XD

I got The Maine is love and love is real shirt. I love it so much.
I think getting to meet so many people was the greatest part, even if there really weren’t that many, only maybe five.

I can’t wait for next year, because it just keeps getting better apparently. (:
July 24th, 2009 at 08:22pm