Break Down These Walls

After coming back from New York, I had thought about color guard a lot. I had two options; quit or don't quit and stick it out for the season, then don't go back senior year. When I got home, I knew I had to make a decision. I decided to not let my mother's money go to waste; so I stuck it out. Yesterday I just finished guard camp. And I'm glad I didn't quit. I'm not really having problems with any of the girls except the only girl that had been mean to me. I'm just ignoring her antics and focusing on doing a good job at guard.

Its been fun this week, too. I've been conditioning with the guard and by myself every night outside of guard, too. My abs are almost hard as rocks! I'm proud of myself, because I feel more energized every day now.

Although I'm really sore and have a permanent bruise on my forearm from flag work, I'm excited because I get to see The Cab, A Rocket To The Moon, My Favorite Highway, The Summer Set and Eye Alaska tomorrow! I hope I'll get to meet Alex DeLeon and Nick Santino tomorrow. And of course everyone else. :) Then I start two weeks of band camp Monday. Then school starts again.

I'm glad I didn't quit. I feel like if I had, I'd be so bored this semester I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I'm also really anxious because I get my driver's license on August 31st...hopefully. I think I'm a good enough driver. I can't wait.

I also met this guy. He plays the trombone in the band and his name shall be changed. :) Let's call him Shaun. Well Shaun is a senior and totally adorable. He's a cross between Mitchell Davis and - well last night I had it in my mind, but now its gone! :/ Well he's really cute and he's such a dork, too. He drives a mini-van. It's funny. We first talked when I asked him what the theme of the show was this year and made a complete ass of myself because someone had told me it was based off of Happy Feet and he laughed at me. But it wasn't like a mean, 'you're stupid' laugh. It was nice. Ish.

Then we talked again when I was driving. I was turning out of my parking space after band and was about to go, but then he totally cuts me off. So I pulled a Dane Cook and screamed, "UMMMM, HELLO?!" He looked out his window and just waves at me with a stupid grin on his face. Then the next day I gave him a long lecture about how I was a student driver and how he needs to respect my driving needs and pre-cautions. He apologized, and we've been talking ever since.

I'm all giddy inside now. Oh dear.

Comments?
July 25th, 2009 at 07:26pm