Writing Advice? {Femmeslash}

Okay, so basically I've been itching to write a femmeslash (original fiction) and I have the spark of an idea for one but I'm not really sure of it yet. I just wrote a couple of paragraphs. Could you take a minute to read them and just tell me what you think? Any advice is welcome.

* * *

She was beautiful. Not really movie-star beautiful, but she was stunning to me. I found myself mesmerized by those long chocolate brown locks that went all the way down to her hips, big hazel eyes framed by long eyelashes, full lips, and that little button nose. She had amazing curves that I couldn’t help but gaze at. I always felt guilty for looking at her that way; I felt like some perverted boy obsessed with ogling pretty girls, but I couldn’t help it. She was my weakness.

Maybe it would have been easier if I could have simply admired her from a distance. But that wasn’t the case, she was my best friend. And there was so much more to her than just her physical beauty. She was so funny and smart and kind. She had a gorgeous singing voice; every time I heard it I became entranced. And that sweet smile she would flash me, I could practically feel myself melt.

I hated having those feelings for her, not because I was ashamed of being a lesbian but because I knew I could never have her. I knew that she would never want me the way I wanted her. And I knew that if I told her how I felt I would completely alienate her. I needed her in my life as my best friend, if nothing else. I couldn’t lose that.
July 26th, 2009 at 12:31am