Forgotten - Deleted/Extended Scene ~ Chapter 19

Forgotten
(Co-written original fiction: high school romance, slash)

Chapter 19: Deleted/Extended Scene

A little bonus feature for y’all. We both liked how sweet this version is but it didn’t seem realistic. More like the dream for a parent's reaction to their child coming out. But since we didn’t want to part with it completely we’ve posted it here for you. Tell us what you think!

{Ch. 19 Written by WantedForever, Proofread by me}

It had been a week since Jonathan had come to stay with the Gibbons. His parents still didn't know where he was and at school they could hear the rumors grow.

It was a Friday afternoon and Cadey and Jonathan were watching “Just Like Heaven” when they heard a knock on the door. Getting up, Jonathan opened it to see that it was his mother, though he had never seen his mother that way. Her face was completely tearstained, and her hair wasn’t brushed, creating an utterly disheveled look.

Upon seeing her son, Melanie’s face lit up and she enveloped him in a tight hug. "Jonathan. Thank goodness. I've been so worried," she said, crying into her son's shirt.

Hearing movement behind him, Jonathan turned around to see that Cadey had gotten off the couch and was timidly approaching, "M-Mrs. W-Whyte I-I can explain..." he started.

Seeing Cadey, Mrs. Whyte wiped the tears off of her face and said, "Now let's j-just talk about this. I-I'm w-willing," she sighed and looked up at her son and noticed how his face lit up when he looked at Cadey. Her resolve strengthened. "I-I am willing to accept this, b-but first I want to talk."

Smiling, he led his mother in and sat down on the couch. Cadey was about to sit down next to him when Jonathan pulled him down into his lap and put his arms around his waist. Blushing even more, Cadey hid his face behind his fiery hair (though it didn't really do much -- his hair matched his face at the moment).

"So that's the way of it. It seems Jonathan is the one who's corrupting Cadey," she said teasingly.

Smiling back, Jonathan said, "If anyone is going to corrupt him it’s gonna be me."

Hearing a choking sound, he turned to see that Cadey was gasping for air. Gently rubbing his back, Jonathan smiled when he saw Cadey look up at him with furiously red cheeks.

"Hey! No foreplay right now, you two. We need to talk."

"Sorry Mrs. Gibbons."

"Yeah, sorry mom." Jonathan said even though he was still smiling.

"Okay, so tell me… everything."

So Jonathan told them the story about how he had fallen for the little redhead, while Cadey told her about how he had fallen for Jonathan. After their story they saw that Mrs. Whyte was smiling.

"So you two really are in love. I-I need to let you know that your father will not accept it. B-But I love you Jonathan. I will always love you and accept you. I-I just want you to be happy.” Tuning to Cadey, she said, "I always knew I liked you. You have yourself a good boy here, Jonathan. Don't you hurt him, Jonathan. "

Rolling his eyes, Jonathan said, "I thought you were supposed to tell him that. Why does everyone think that I’m gonna hurt him?"

"Because Cadey seems too sweet to hurt anyone. Nevertheless, the same goes for you Caden. Don’t hurt my son."

"Yo guys, we're home! And my cousin Shay is here too!" Liv called as the front door opened. Turning around they saw a tall teen with black hair and icy grey eyes.


And scene! We will probably be bringing Shay back into the story in the not-too-distant future so keep an eye out for him. :)

~aep
July 27th, 2009 at 11:26pm