Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms have always been very calming to me, normal summer storms, not those serve ones, that cause destruction, those scare me.

Anyway, when I was younger, my mother had a habit of waking me up at god awful hours in the morning and taking me to the river with her to watch the storms. She called it "Our bonding time" and it was fun, sitting and talking with my mother, who was my best friend and catching up on things going on in my life. Sitting in the car, with the window rolled down just a little enough to let the smoke out of the car and listening to Guns and Roses and Metallica, Pantara and just talking.

We did that every time it stormed, until she got to where she couldn't go anymore, because she was sick, so we would just do it at home, not the same but still nice.

On August 24, 2006 my mother died in my arms of cancer. I lost my mother, my best friend all in the same day, it was very hard to me to deal with it, I just didn't want to live anymore. Thunderstorms where my loop hole if you will call it, they made me feel like that my mother was right there with me, when it lightnings, I think of the smile on her face, when she would see a really beautiful one, and the thunder always makes me think of Dime's solos(that is what she called them).

So now when it storms, you can find me sitting and watching with my mother right beside me and for once everything feels right again
July 29th, 2009 at 06:07am