What's your perfect fic?

Hmmm. That's a pretty tough question. There's alot of stuff that would make a fic perfect for me. In general, I want something I can relate to. Even if I've never been in the exact situation, I want to feel and ache and root for the character and hope they get what they deserve.

Specifics: My perfect Gabilliam is this setup: William is basically jailbait (16 or 17), but percocious and possibly smarter than Gabe, the 20-24 year old who will go to prison if anything happens between them. It could be one sided, it could be consensual, it could be creepy!perv Gabe. But if it is consensual, I want the romance to blossom fairly chastely, with maybe a few stolen kisses here and there, but nothing raunchy yet, and at the end after a long period of waiting for that one moment for everything to climax (ahem) in one beautifully written sex scene. Oh, and make sure William is the main pursuer, no matter how Casanova Gabe is. And you have to show just how innocent Will can be and just how fucked up Gabe is, and just how much they really need each other.

My perfect Gabe/Victoria: Something where they hook up in a drunken state, hoping they'll never have to see each other again (because they did naughty naughty things together. ;D) and they end up in a situation where they're close together (guess who just moved in next door!?). So they either learn A) we'd suck as a couple but we're awesome friends or B) I think I could learn to love you. In this fic, Victoria has to teach Gabe how to be a man, and Gabe has to teach Victoria to take the stick out of her ass. Lots of sarcasm must be thrown in, cuz Victoria seems the sarcastic type, and Gabe never turns down a challenge, even though Victoria pwns him.

General specifics (oxymoron): There needs to be sarcasm! I can't stress that enough.
Someone needs to say something deadpanned, confuse the shit out of the person they say it to, and then walk away and leave them to ponder.
Snuggling/spooning. Just being close to each other.
Realization/really stopping to think about the situation they're in (more for the perfect Gabilliam)
The moment when the couple realizes they're truly in love has to be in there. It could be subtle, it could be outright, but it must be there.
Sexual banter/innuendos/suggestive touching/semi public makeout sessions
Parental/friend intervention (He's how old, Gabe???) (She's a shiska?? Do you want to kill me??) (Your standards have certainly gone down since *insert ex here*)
Sharing life stories. Could be small, could be huge, but there needs to be a moment when they;re just sitting and exchanging their life tales.

So I think that's pretty much what my perfect fic would be in my top two OTPs.
July 29th, 2009 at 07:07am