Fairness in Life

I know the old saying "life isn't fair" and I get that but...it's not fair to have no control over life.
It's not fair that everything gets to spin out of control in a blink of an eye before we can even think about stopping it. It's not fair that we don't get a say in the turmoil caused when we crash and burn.
But you want to know what's even more unfair?
The fact that I am sitting here crying over something that my "ex" best friend wrote about me online for the whole world to read. It's not fair that her words get to hurt me so much.
It's not fair that she gets to cut me so deep.
And it definitely isn't fair that I wish we could just go back to being friends...It's not fair that I am the one apologizing when I am the one crying.
It's not fair that you came out as the victim once again when I am the victim.
I want to write all of these mean things about you and let the whole world read it but I can't.
I can't because I know how I felt when I read what you wrote about me and I would never want someone to feel the way I did. I would never want someone to cry themselves to sleep because I hurt them.
But to get back to the point. It isn't fair that things can change so rapidly and before you know it you're all alone and your world is crashing around you and there is nothing you can do this time. Nothing you can say to stop it.
It just isn't fair.
-Katie
July 29th, 2009 at 07:08am