What is this 'life' we live?

Life's not fair. That's an assumed fact. It can be hard, and things aren't always going to go your way. But sometimes, things get to far. Life becomes too unfair, and it's hard to see why we live such meaningless lives.

A three year old boy drowns. His family prays, nonstop. They have worshipped God their entire life. And yet, he let something terrible happen to them. And then, when he had the chance to offer a miracle, he didn't. He took this three year old boy from his family. This innocent little three year old.

There are many people who can assume blame here. The parents for not keeping a better eye on him. The child for doing something he should of known he shouldn't. No one is really to blame. And yet in such an event, I find myself blaming God. He allowed such a tragedy to happen. He could've intervened, but He didn't.

It pains me to know that we live in a world where such a thing can happen. Where an innocent child can die, merely because no one pays attention, or because God doesn't see reason to help.

Is it right that I blame God? Of course not. He sees things differently than I do, and he knows more than I know. There is more to this story than human eyes can ever see, but I don't acknowledge that part. I can only acknowledge my anger and my fear. And for some ridiculous reason, it's directed towards God.

This world is terrible, full of evil and sin. We focus on the negative, and the negative alone. It is only on a rare occassion that you see something good in the news report. We are a pessimistic society, and it's absolutely ridiculous. But what is there to be positive about, if innocent children die for no reason?

There could be a lot. But no one would ever know. None would ever see it. The lack of pattern and consistiency is part of life, it's the reason we live in the way we do.

I don't understand the violence, but I partake in it.
As a member of the human race, I am a part of all the evil that exists in the world.

And I don't particularly like it.

-K
July 31st, 2009 at 03:29pm