Closure.

I wont bother you with a back story, because it doesn't even matter now. I keeping my past in my past. I don't want to bring it to surface again.

Last night I decided to walk up to my town's Fish Fry, just to see who was up there and what not. And I just love the atmosphere of carnivals. I ran into one of my super close friends who I haven't been able to hang out with since school got out. So we walked around the place for a bit, just talking and catching up and whatnot.

Then there he was, in all his glory. My brain froze up when our eyes made contact. I thought he was gone forever, and I wouldn't have to deal with any of this crap again.

Boy was I wrong.

My friend knew about him and everything he had done to me. So she grabs my arm and drags me away from the situation as quickly as possible. It was too late though, I was already having a panic attack.

Later on, I ran into another one of my friends. And we got to talking, then there he is again. Stepping in front of my and giving my friend a hug. They seperated, and he stood directly across from me. I knew I shouldn't look at him, so I didn't. I stared at the 3 foot distance seperating us. I couldn't take it, I turned around, told my friend goodbye and left the Fish Fry.

On my walk back home I got to thinking.

Tonight was ment to happen.

It's what we needed.

The situation was screaming at me. "This is the final goodbye. Time to move foward."

It was just the closure I needed to make sure I wasn't going to dwell on my past.

I got home, and I was smiling. Everything was perfect.

I was happy. He was gone. Life is good.
July 31st, 2009 at 05:56pm