This Book Likes It's Cover

So last weekend I was in Chicago with my sister, aunt, and uncle and my aunt said she want to take me clothes shopping for school. My sis and I were totally excited about this until we got there and my aunt wasn't to happy about my style.
Not only did she politely insult the clothes I liked, but she tried to convince me to wear preppy clothes. I have nothing against preps or anyone that likes to dress in really bright colors and polo shirts, but that's not what I like.

I tried to explain that I didn't like the clothes but she was determined on changing my mind. Now I seriously don't like when people try and do this, when they try to shove what they believe down your throat.
So I stood up for what I believed and told her that I don't care what other people think about my clothes or my hair, because at the end of the day you were the one wearing the clothes and if you care that much about what other people think, you are never going to be really happy because you'll feel like you're never good enough.

No matter what you wear, people shouldn't judge you because underneath you could miss out on a very cool and good person. There are so many people in the world and if you judge them by what they wear, you're going to miss out on a lot of different things.

You have to stand up for what you believe otherwise people will walk over you. Some people get beat up or teased for standing up but at least they know what they stand for.

There are so many different emotions that sparked in me that day and it's kind of hard to write about. But if you have ever stood up for something you liked of believed in, and got beaten or tease you're not alone

Let me know what you think.
July 31st, 2009 at 08:07pm