Mom...Dad... I'm Gay.

Those were the first words my friend Josh told his mother on his sixteenth birthday. I witnessed it all. His mother's screams, his father's violence..everything. That day Josh came to my house at 12 pm, scared, hurt and almost beaten to death. I mean, seriously, he had a serious nose bleed his left eye was blue and purple and hhe couldn't smile. "My dad hit me" he told me simply trying to hold back his years. Oh God. I felt so bad for him. Of course I always knew he was gay. He considered himself gay since he met Johnny at age 14. It was cute, they both just clicked. They'd been dating for all those years, and Josh decided to tell his parents all about Johnny on his sixteenth birthday. Why? Well, because he decided he didn't want to hide his true feelings for Johnny any more. He told me that Johny deserved respect and he wanted to give that respect to him. Worst thing is, I feel like shit. I feel like shit because Johnny's gone. Johnny ditched Josh, and guess why? Now all of a sudden he's "straight" and he says he likes me. DAMMIT! And wait, it gets WORSE. After Josh goes through all that suffering to get Johnny official, Johnny tells all this "straight" crap to him. Now Josh is gone. Literally. He ran away from home and i don't know where the hell he is. Im scared for him. I don't want ANYTHING to do with Johnny...I love Josh he's my bestie. I know him since I was like five..and here in New Jersey there are some bad places he can end up in. All I want is Josh home, Johnny off my back, and everything as it was. I don't know why Johnny does this all of a sudden..I want him back with Josh..but even that is hard because Johnny broke Josh's heart...

p.s Johnny and Josh aren't their real names. I had to change them. it's their life not mine. But i happen to be right in the middle of all of this..
August 1st, 2009 at 12:34am