Warped Tour 2009

I woke up at 6:00 that morning because I could no longer sleep from the excitement that had been building up inside me. I got dressed, did my makeup, ate some food, brushed my teeth, and sat around. The weather outside made me nervous because it was raining. I prayed that it would clear up.
We picked up Hannah and Brittany and made our way to Milwaukee. We got lost on the way to the amphitheater and my dad had to stop at a GameStop to ask for directions. We eventually got there.
We missed the first part of Meg & Dia's set. We walked in right when they were finishing up Black Wedding. THEY WERE AMAZING!!! They played (not in this order) Black Wedding, What If, Are There Giants Too In the Dance?, Going Away, Roses, The Last Great Star in Hollywood, and Monster. I'm sure they played a couple songs before we showed up, too. BUT ANYWAYS, they were awesome. I got kinda pissed because no one knew any of the songs and they were waiting for the White Tie Affair to play. DX
We walked around for a bit. We stopped at the To Write Love On Her Arms tent. I got a shirt. I asked the dude working there if he knew where the Meg & Dia merch tent was because I wanted to get something there, and he said he didn't know and admitted that that was kind of a bad thing, since TWLOHA is sharing a bus with them. We eventually found it and I got a shirt. With the shirt I got an EP, 2 posters, and 2 little stickers for free. (Woo!)
We stopped at the In This Moment tent. I got a little bracelet for $5. SWEET. ITM played at 4:40. They were pretty awesome! I learned that crowd surfing sucks, especially when you get kicked in the head a few times. I learned that circle pits suck more, especially if your friend convinces you to join it and your camera falls out of her bag. (Love ya, Hannah.) Don't worry, the camera's fine, it's just a little scratched. IT STILL WORKS. GEEZ.
We met ITM after their set. I had this picture of Maria that I sketched and she signed it. They were all like, "HOLY CRAP, YOU'RE A REALLY GOOD ARTIST!" That was insane, having one of my favorite bands telling me that! They were pretty cool about pictures, too. Hannah was pretty freaking happy after that. =D
We sat down and we were all talking. My dad was telling stories and stuff. I looked through my bag to make sure everything was there, but it wasn't. Someone stole my fucking wallet, which means 1) I need a new permit, 2) I lost $2, 3) No Cobra Starship on Tuesday (sorry, Brittany =[ ). My dad made me feel sort of better when he told me that he's lost his wallet 3 times in his life.
Finally, we got to the last band we wanted to see (when I say "we", I mean Brittany and myself). 3OH!3 was pretty rad! I was way too happy when the played Rich Man. I recorded Choke Chain just for my brother (he ended up tellling me I did a crappy job of recording, which is not totally true).
We left after checking the Lost and Found once more. When we got home, we looked at the pictures from that day and ended the night by watching Ace of Cakes and Rock of Love re-runs. WOO!
Currently listening:
August 1st, 2009 at 08:21pm