When you go to the beach sun block is your friend

For the past few days I was down the shore with my family, the last time we went to the beach with everyone was two years ago.

We left Wednesday morning and check in for the motel was at two, we got there a little after one and they let us check in. Our family friends were at the beach already so we just hung out at the pool and read by our room until about six when we went over to the house they were renting for dinner. There were about fourteen of us there, we had an Italian dinner. When we finished eating I washed the dishes and now my aunt wants to take me back to California with her. We stayed until ten then went back to the motel. There were people down at the picnic tables and their kids were loud, some were riding on their scooters on the third floor (by our room) and it sounded like thunder, they were making so much noise. My sister and I were debating whether we should pretend that they had woken us up and go out there to yell at them, they stopped before we decided to do that.

Thursday we went to the beach with everyone. I’m afraid to go into the ocean and I only go in if I’m at the beach with a friend and she really wants me to go in. I set up my chair, got my book and iPod out, and read the whole time. The water kept coming closer and it got some of our stuff wet, luckily none of mine, so we just kept moving back a little. Before we went to the beach I put sun block on but that was it for the day. I got sunburn on my right shoulder and arm but not my left side because of where I was sitting. My knees also got burnt. Luckily my nose didn’t, that happened two years ago and it was awful.

After the beach my mom, sister, and I went to the pool and hung out there for a while. For dinner we went to the boardwalk and saw a guy who looks like a mix of my uncle Mikey and John Travolta. The rest of our family came over at eight thirty and we went across the street to play mini golf. That was very entertaining. There’s an arcade next to the mini golf place and earlier that day I had gone there with my sister and there was a toy dinosaur in the tree. I went back to see if it was still there and it was so I took it. I know have a triceratops named Charlie because that’s all I could think of.

On Friday we didn’t want to go the beach, it was really windy and we aren’t big beach people, so we hung out at the pool for most of the day. I put sun block on again but now my right shoulder is burnt and I’m in pain. The relatives were supposed to come over to swim but I was done so I just read. I was talking to my aunt and a smoke alarm went off in one of the other rooms. A girl came out of the room and was yelling down to someone that there was a fire. Someone got a fire extinguisher but then it was put out. They brought whatever had caught on fire out of the room and put it on the deck to get the smoke out of the room, it looked like a coffee pot but I’m not sure what they burnt.

The clouds were getting darker near six and the guy was putting all the pool stuff away so my family went back to their house. We were going to the boardwalk for dinner and they were going to meet us. On our way to the boardwalk the rain started and then it really started. There was thunder, lightning, and lots of rain. I was really freaked out because of how it looked when we stopped for a minute since my dad could barely see out of the windshield. When we got to the restaurant it was still raining hard. After an hour or so it started letting up and we left to look around.

We went to a few shops and then went to the arcade. I got a green pair of shutter shades out of a claw machine because those are probably the easiest things to get out of those machines. Then we played some games, I won seven hundred and forty-two tickets from Deal or No Deal and my sister won over two thousand. Then we cashed in our tickets, got some of those crappy prizes, and left. We met up with the relatives at about seven-thirty or so and we started walking around, it didn’t take long for us to get separated.

We played that game where you put down quarters on five things like blue heart, Tod, Tim, Tam, Pat, then they spin the wheel and if it lands on your color and name you win a prize. Well I won and I got a purse. Then my sister was whining because she wanted a purse so we kept trying to win it for her then we gave up and I yelled at her for complaining because she already won a puppy from something. Before we left we stopped in a store and I got this cute black and purple sun dress. Then we went back to the room, watched TV, and went to bed.

This morning we had to be out of the room by eleven so my mom and I were up at nine, then my dad woke up, and I got to wake my sister up. I usually wake her up by saying, “Fishy! Why are you sleepy?” in a very annoying baby-ish voice until she wakes up and hits me but I’m not allowed to do that anymore. We packed, handed in the room keys and remote to the TV, and left. Then we got home, I unpacked and went on the computer to check all of the websites I usually go on for updates.

So did anything exciting happen on Mibba since Wednesday? And has anyone else watched the A Very Potter Musical on YouTube? If you haven’t and you like Harry Potter I suggest you watch it, it’s hilarious.
August 2nd, 2009 at 12:46am