Vans Warped Tour 2009

Yeah, I know it's kind of three days later, but, whatever...

So, I went to Vans Warped Tour 2009 on Thursday. It was such a great experience. All the bands were great and plyed great. I saw a good amount of the bands that were playing, and despite my legs and feet hurting a rediculous amount by the end of the day, it was so worth it. I had a blast and I cannot wait until next year's Warped Tour. I'm sure the lineup will be just as good, if not better than this year's.

Like I said, I had the privilege of seeing a good amount of bands. My day started off with Scary Kids Scaring Kids ended with The Maine. In between were Bouncing Souls, All Time Low, Breathe Carolina, Forever The Sickest Kids, In This Moment, 3OH!3, and Escape The Fate. Again, all bands were great and played great.

I also had the privilege of meeting John O'Callaghan, Jared Monaco, and Kennedy Brock on Thursday. It was my second time meeting John, but my first time meeting Jared and Kenny. They are all such sweethearts, really. I took pictures with them and got them to sign the new shirt I had bought. All three of them had to lean down to take the picture with me, a gesture I found astounding. I always knew they were tall, but seeing that was just.. Wow.

I had a blast on Thursday, and meeting three of my biggest heroes only made it better. It may sound weird, but the boys of The Maine really mean a lot to me. I'm not going to be one of those people and say I wouldn't be here without them, but I will say that their music has gotten me through a lot of hard times. There are numerous occasions where I had run into my room crying, only needing to put on their music to bring a smile to my face.

It may sound weird, and some may think me pathetic for it. However, even though I may not know the boys personally, I know that they all hold a very special place in my heart. Meeting them-- even if not all of them-- was all I could have asked for on Thursday.

If anyone else attended Warped Tour, feel free to message or comment me, telling me about your experience. I would love to hear it.

--Emily
August 2nd, 2009 at 08:16am