My Epic Warped Adventure.

Two friends. 24 hours. One hell of a story.

So I will start my story the night we left for Chicago (actually it was Tinley Park, but whatever). We left 13 hours early, don't ask why we just felt like it. We get to "Chicago" at around 11, find a hotel and sleep...in the parking lot. Wonderful right? Sure, if you enjoy only getting 4 hours of sleep, and laying on a lumpy car seat.

The next morning we get up at 5 am. I honestly don't know what we were thinking. We had no where to go, and we sure as hell weren't going to sit in a car for another 5 hours. So we decided at around 7 to drive into the real Chicago. It sounded like a pretty good idea at the time, but we soon realized that it wasn't. We left the city at 8:30, and started driving back to Tinley Park. And of course we get lost. Go figure, right?

We drove around for another hour trying to get back on track. When we did, we picked up some girls who were hitch hiking for a ride to Warped. They were pretty cool.

FINALLY we got to the venue, get in line for about 20 minutes and end up finding some people we know who let us jump in line with them. And they were way up in the front.

The gates opened 5 minutes later, and another 5 minutes later we were inside. We were finally at Warped.

I was like a kid in a fucking candy store. I wanted to go to every tent, every booth, it was just all around crazy. And I hadn't been in there for five minutes.

---------

First band we saw was Cash Cash. Before Warped I had only heard a few songs, and I thought they were pretty damn good but when I saw their set, I fell IN LOVE WITH THEM <3 They put on an amazing show!

Image

Next came FTSK! I was super stoked for them! They put on one hell of a show as well.

Image

I didn't get to see their whole set but then, something amazing happened way later on in the day:

Image
Do I really need to say anything? Probably not, unless you live under a rock.

Buuuut anyways, up next is Breathe Carolina, one of my personal favorites on the tour.
God their set was insanely amazing <3

Image

Once again, I didn't get to watch their whole set. Oh well. Next we went off to go sit through Less Than Jake's set. I wasn't too happy about that. I didn't really like them all that much. But when they started playing, I was astounded. They were actually really good.

Image

And during all this, I saw Alex Gaskarth in all of his amazing glory, on the other side of the barrier...about 20 feet from me. I could of pissed my pants. Then, I see Mr. Jack Barakat, he's so cute :3 I was expecting to see Zack & Rian...But I didn't unfortunatly.

We were sitting through LTJ's set to wait for CHIODOS. Some guy made fun of me for how I pronounce it, cause when I say it, it comes out sounding cheetos. Don't judge me, alright?

Okay so about Chiodos's show. I have no words for it. It was just out of this world. Not that I thought it was going to be horrible. Hahaha cause I knew it wasn't gonna be.

Image
Isn't that delcious? Mmmm <3 I loves me some Craig Owens! Haha :D
I thought I was going to die during their set. No lie. Craig pulled a "Let's see how many people we can get crowd surfing at one time during one song, and break My Chemical Romance's record." We broke it. I was burried under the falling bodies. HELLO ANXIETY!
But all in all it was amazing!

Oh and I dont know if this will mean anything to any of you but *ahem*

Image

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

After that, I went off to the Cash Cash signing. They are really nice! :D I got pictures with them all! I'll put them in my photos later, cause there's too many. Hahaha

After that we went over to the senses fail signing! Woot!

Image

By this time I was getting really impatient for All Time Low. Like really. I just wanted to see them. Before that we watched a little bit of UnderOATH, Anti-Flag, and sat through shitty The Devil Wears Prada...cause ATL was on right after them.

During TDWP, is where I almost died again. I was getting really pissed at all of the annoying douchebags "throwing down" to it. They were all running into me and shit, I know that it's what they're supposed to do, but really. Do I look like I would listen to that shit? Let alone wanna throw down to it. I just wanted to see my boys, and go home. It was getting so bad, I was screaming at them all and pushing them off of me. And we're talking guys double and triple my size. I was not there to screw around. TDWP has the longest breakdowns ever. UHG. XD But they FINALLY GOT DONE!

It seemed like a lifetime for ATL's set up to be done. Damn. Haha :P

They walked out on stage, and I just lost it. I knew they were going to open with Weightless. It's a good bouncing, crowd hyping song!

Image

I couldn't get a clear picture of them, because everyone was moving around so much. I didn't mind it though. It was so much fun :3 They had the best set, hands down.

Image
Clear, but dark. Oh well. I know what I saw, and I'l never forget any of it.

[/epicday.]
August 2nd, 2009 at 10:39pm