I saw "Ecstacy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance" on Powerbooks

When Mikey used to work in Barnes and Nobles he saw a this novel by Irvine Welsh entitled "Ecstacy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance" then he thought of "My Chemical Romance" as a cool band name...

and the rest is history...well not quite. I have a more interesting story...

yesterday, 5/18/2007, my friend Aimee and I went to this mall called Robinson's Place Ermita (that's in Manila) oh and fyi, our school is so close to that mall...anyway, the mall was having a three day sale so as expected, there were so many people. The only reason i went out is because i'm gonna buy Linkin Park's new album "Minutes To Midnight" good thing Aims accompanied me and it was a good thing for her too coz she went shopping! lol! so, me being Aim's 'tour guide' because it was her first time in rob-place (our nickname for that mall) we decided to drop by Power Books (a high end version of national bookstore..haha! no offence nbs!)

While we were browsing around the store trying to find something new and interesting, i came across this fiction section and i found this thick paper back copy of yep, you guessed it.."Ecstacy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance" i was shocked that Power Books had this copy. Because i thought it was only available in Barnes and Nobles haha! Well, there are other Irvine Welsh novels there like "Filth" and "Porno" i thought "Trainspotting" was also there but it wasn't. Btw, you should see that movie. It's good. Then Aims asked me what so special about that book (coz she's not an mcr fan) then i explained to her about how Mikey saw this book and made it their band name etc. then she went "oh i see,"

Then i texted my other friend Chuki who is an mcr fan and she says that it's interesting that i found that book in Rob! then she asked me how much is it. Its funny because i forgot to look at the price coz i was too excited/preoccupied to browse the book. Who knew such book existed there? well i don't! that is, until now.

interesting indeed especially for my chem fans like me and Chuki!

for more on Irvine Welsh go to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine_Welsh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecstasy:_Three_Tales_of_Chemical_Romance
May 19th, 2007 at 11:20am