My best friend has a brain tumor...

I worry about my best friend. She's only 16 and she already has a brain tumor. She's strong about it but I know it still limits her. She gets tired easily and has massive migrains. She's loosing her sight and her hormones.

I've told her time and time again that she needs to take her medicine. I just can't understand why she doesn't want to take it. As a result of her not takeing the medication her tumor has started to grow again.

It makes me feel powerless to see someone I care very much for not doing everything to keep them self healthy. If the tumor keeps growning she'll have to have surgery. Right now not many other people know about my friends problem. She is a cheerleader and on the tennis team. She does her best to keep up with very one. Sometimes she just can't and needs to rest. People often get mad at her because she bails on activities, like going swimming or birthday parties. They get mad at me to because on days when she can't go I keep her company and we hang out and watch movies, or rather she naps and I watch the movies.

She has alot on her plate that she has to deal with. I just want her to get better. I think someday I'll become a brain Doctor, or a canser specialist so I can help her. The other day we were talking about her tumor and her needing to take her medicen. I told her she needed to take it so she'd still be around once I grauate medical school and find the cure so I can still help her. We laughed but I know she worries about it too. It's tough not being able to help...
August 3rd, 2009 at 07:31pm