Green Day- XL Center- July 24, 2009

So July 24th was basically the best day of my life. I'm going to write my entire day in detail so i apologize if i bore you.

I left my house at around 12:30 pm, arriving at the XL Center at around 1:15 pm, my dad dropped us off so we wouldn't have to worry about parking. And by we, I mean myself and my boyfriend Dave, who both had floor seats, and my friend Stephanie and her brother, who is only about 12 and this was his first concert, Johnny. Originally it was just going to be me and Dave but a day before the concert I called in to a radio station and won 2 tickets. And trust me, I was very surprised that i won them because i usually have awful luck. They were both thrilled!

But anyway, we got there and I immediately saw the Verizon bus directly in front of the XL Center. I was thrilled and i nearly jumped out of the car and ran into the building. My friends took pictures of the bus, I was already inside, very anxious to get in line. So finally we got the tickets and went to sit down in the lines that were already formed. Stephanie and Johnny had higher up seats, but they were going to sit with us anyway until we went in. There weren't very many people in line at this time. Probably about 30 or so. Everyone was really nice.

We brought a bunch of food and cards to pass the time, but everyone was really antsy. Then I would say at about 3 or so Dave and Johnny went to the bathroom, but they were gone for a very long time. We got a phone call from Dave saying that he was outside with Johnny and that he found Green Day's actual tour buses.

Dave usually exaggerates and i figured he was mistaken, so me and Stephanie just said "oh cool" and hung up with him. Then about 15 minutes later we get another phone call from a very excited Dave who claims he has met Jason Freese, who if you didn't know plays saxophone and keyboards with Green Day. We didn't know if we should believe him or not because he's known to play tricks on us. Then he said "hang on, I'll call you right back" While we were waiting for him to call us back we received this picture via text message....

Image
Johnny is on the left and Dave is on the right. And yep, that's Jason Freese in the middle.

Needless to say we asked the people in front of us to watch all our food and save our spot. We then bolted outside to where Dave and Johnny were, to find Jason Freese already gone. There was a Hilton hotel directly next to the XL Center and Dave said that's where Green Day was staying. Jason Freese had told him that they had never stayed this close to their venue before.

We were waiting on a street corner near the hotel for the next 15 minutes, just waiting for something to happen. A girl came running over to us. She had been waiting in line behind us. We told her to stay because Green Day was staying in this hotel. It turns out she was staying in that hotel too, her name was Sam. So anyway, about 10 minutes later Jason Freese comes into sight again. I'm not gonna lie, I was freaking out on the inside. I was speechless. He was with his wife and he was pushing his really cute little baby around in a stroller. He was really, really nice to us and said Hi and this time the girls got to take a picture with him. We thanked him about a thousand times. He really was a sweetheart.

Image
That's me on the left, Stephanie, Jason, then Sam.

After he went into his hotel we all hugged each other, even Sam who we had just met. We decided to wait a little longer and see if we could see anyone else. That's when it happened. I turned to look down the sidewalk and let out a loud noise that sounded kind of like "OHHHAGGGHHHHH". Everyone immediately looked where i was looking and they all saw him too. It was Tre Cool. Just walking down the street towards us, with his body guard. I was having a heart attack at this point. We all slowly walked over to him. We didn't want to be a huge bother, we just wanted to say hi. His body guard was a real douche bag and he was rude and said "no pictures or autographs just let us through." We told him we just wanted to shake his hand and Tre kind of stopped and looked at the dude, non-verbally saying that it was okay. All I could do was stare at Tre, who was standing about 2 feet from me, with my jaw dropped. He was wearing really cool dark sunglasses and his hair was super blonde. He said Hi to Dave as he shook his hand. He said "Hi, woah you're cute" to Sam, who was really excited about that comment lol. He said "Hello" to Stephanie as he shook her hand and when he got to Johnny he looked at Johnny's home made shirt and kind of chuckled and said "Woah, It's a good thing we sell our own shirts because that shirt is fucking ugly." We all laughed as he continued shaking our hands. I didn't work up the nerve to say much to him as he shook my hand. He just smiled, shook my hand, and said hi. I smiled and just said Hi back. His hands were really soft, we all noticed it!! lol. We thanked Tre about a thousand times for stopping and then he headed back to his hotel.

Since we were having such good luck we decided to wait a little bit longer. We went closer to the hotel this time and about 10 minutes later I was the first one to see Mike Dirnt walking out of the front of the hotel! He said Hi to all of us and shook everyone’s hand. He talked a little bit more to Dave and Steph, but I didn’t really hear what they talked about because I was in awe lol. When he finally got to me he held up his hand for a high five. I was super psyched and gave him a high five. And it was fucking fantastic! Lol He was smiling the entire time all of us were talking to him. You could definatly tell he was such a nice guy. He finally had to leave us and go onto his bus, but it wasn’t long until we encountered the final member of Green Day.

Dave saw Billie Joe Armstrong coming out of the hotel first, but right when he got outside a few bodyguards stood in front of us. I guess they thought we would have jumped on Billie, which we definitely would not have done. I guess there are some fucking stupid people out there that would go all psycho fan and attack him. But anyway, Billie came out first followed by Adrienne. We all said Hi to Billie and he waved, smiled, and said Hi as he walked to his bus. Next we all said hi to Adrienne and she also waved, smiled and said Hi. They are hands down the cutest couple I have ever seen. I love them together. Sam yelled “Adrienne you’re so pretty” right before they both got on the bus and they both turned around and smiled at us and Adrienne said “Aww thank you.” With one more wave from each of them, they finally got on the bus.

It was 4:00 when we finally made it back inside. Steph and Johnny eventually went to their upper seats and me and Dave had to wait until 6:30 when we were let inside, only to wait in another line until 7:00 when we were actually let onto the floor. We fast walked, because we weren’t allowed to run, to the stage and we acutually got to lean on the barrier!!!! We were to the left of the stage, right on the left side of the end of the catwalk!!!
Image
NO ZOOM!!!!!

Someone blew up rubber gloves and we all tossed them around on the floor, until the security guards in front of me popped them. The Bravery came on at 8:00 and they were actually really good, or at least I thought so lol. They started setting up for Green Day at 8:30 and at about 8:45 the drunk bunny came out and entertained us with his antics and we did the YMCA with him.
Image

Image
Our security Guard friend gave us a set list and pyrotechnic list. They changed the songs up a lot!!! Lol

Then at about 9:00 it went dark and Song of the Century began to play. A few seconds later Green Day came out and fucking rocked my life!!!!!!

They played F.O.D, Only of you, and Christie Road. And I nearly died. Lol

Image
Tre got to play Dominated Love Slave and Billie played the drums!!!!!!!!!

Billie Joe grabbed onto Dave’s hand for a good 5 or so seconds lol. And then Dave grabbed my hand and gave me second hand Billie germs lmao. Dave also touched Mike’s bass when Mike ran out onto the catwalk.

I yelled to Mike that I liked his pants and he laughed at me. Lol

Billie leaned in to my side several times throughout the night and was literally 2 feet from my face. I almost cried.

I did cry during Christie Road, 21 Guns, LAST NIGHT ON EARTH, and Good Riddance. I know, I'm a baby.

I got squirted with a squirt gun by Billie and by some kid lol. And I choked on confetti at the end lol.

That day was one of the best day’s of my life. I will never ever forget it.
Simply amazing <3

Image
August 3rd, 2009 at 11:29pm