Cobra Starship

So we (Brittany and I) went up to the West Towne Mall in Madison today to meet COBRA FREAKING STARSHIP. (I got my wallet back, guys!) We waited in line for awhile, probably about an hour, actually. We met this chick in line. Her name is Lindsay and she was pretty awesome. We liked the same kind of music, so we had stuff to talk about. She went to Warped Tour, too, except she went in Chicago. She didn't bring a camera and I had mine with me and I was like, "Hey, if you want a picture with them, I can add you on MySpace and send you a copy of it." So she wrote down her name on her Hot Topic receipt and gave it to me. (Unfortunately, you had to know her e-mail address to add her as a friend. I sent her message saying a couldn't add her and it sent. Hopefully she checks her inbox soon.)
We got in to meet the band and I couldn't breathe, I swear. Let me break down the whole situation:
Me: H-h-hi!
Alex: Hi! What's your name?
Me: Uh... uh... A-Ashley.
Alex: A-S-H-L-E-Y?
Me: (nodding) Uh-huh!
Alex: Would you like a poster?
Me: Uh... uh... sure! Can I get a picture with you?
Alex: Oh, sure!
[Posing for picture.]
Me: Thanks! (moves over to Ryland and Nate.) Hi! Can I get a picture with you two?
Nate: Sure. You might have to come around the table...
Ryland: Nah, we'll just lean forward.
Me: Cool! I'll sit on the table!
[Posing for picture!]
Me: Thanks! (moves over to Vicky-T.) Hi!
Vicky-T: (smiling) Hi! How are you today?
Me: GOOD! (moves over to Gabe.) H-h-hi!
Gabe: Hi! What's your name?
Me: Ashley!
Gabe: (high-fives me) Hey, Ashley! Thanks so much for supporting us!
Me: I love you guys so much! (turns to Victoria) Hey, Victoria, can I get a picture with Gabe?
Vicky-T: Sure!
[PICTURE POSING!]
Gabe: So, are you going to the show tonight?
Me: No, I can't! (Gabe makes a pouty face.) I at least wanted to come up here to meet you guys, though! I mean, I've loved you since Snakes On A Plane came out!
Gabe: Really?
Me: Shyeah! You guys teamed up with The Sounds, The Academy Is..., and Gym Class Heroes, who were already three of my favorite bands and I was like, "This band is awesome!"
Gabe: You liked the Sounds and them then? High-five! (we do just that)
[PICTURE POSING WITH BRITTANY AND LINDSAY!]
Me: Thank you guys so much!
Gabe: Thanks! We'll see you around some other time!
Me: Thanks! Bye!

Yes, I really did stutter that much. I'm such an awkward dork! And I doubt that I'll see them some other time... But that'd be super duper.
August 5th, 2009 at 03:42am