Simplistic Notions

It is through trials and tribulations that we find a strength in ourselves we could never imagine possible. It's a curious system, the neccessity of suffering in order to mold ourselves into better people.

I recall years ago when I was depressed and pitiful, hopeless and miserable with no sincere reason to be. It was selfish and terrible to feel the way I did when my life was going wonderful. I now realize that I was weak then. I gave into such senseless emotions without a second thought. But I survived that pitiful time in my life, and I have grown and prospered. I find it shocking that as a human being I am more hopeful and willing to continue living amidst the terrible things that have happened around me.

Death has been a common factor in my life lately. It has been accompanied with financial hardships, and problems within my family. And yet I don't find myself returning to the depressed, pitiful being I was previously. I have found other ways to deal with such hardships, and though I am sad, overwhelmed, desperate at times...I manage to deal with this by myself. I'm no longer a burden to my friends, nor am I a burden to myself. And I am quite proud of that fact.

I am truly amazed that I have managed to change so much. As is human nature. We are constantly changing, maturing, and things tend to make more sense. When I was younger I encountered every day situations with an overdramatized attitude, but now I take things for what they are. As we get older, our process of reasoning develops. We learn to make choices for ourselves, and we gladly accept advice from adults who we once thought 'didn't understand.'

We, as humans, experience very similar events throughout the period of our lives. Given, the minor details vary immensly, but all events can be classified into different groups and stages. We all change and handle these events in different ways, and the way we handle one event may differ from childhood to adolescence or adulthood.

We are very complex creatures, and the flexibility we incur from one day to the next is amazing. We are amazing. And it's a wonder that some of the things that we still endure can still happen when we have the ability to handle things the way we do.
The problem is, some of us don't have that ability.

[[Some of this is just rambling, it's not entirely thought out or complete. Just a thought process.]]
August 5th, 2009 at 07:30pm