Mibba's Lack Of...

Criticism.

Okay, so yeah. I think Mibba readers really lack people who will give you constructive criticism. Bad. At least for the people who read my stories. Most of them just say.

"Loved it!
Update soon!
"

Which, I do to sometimes, but really. Can't you at least tell me what you liked about it? And maybe any faults you found in it? I mean, I'm not saying I don't like comments saying you love it. But what did you love about it? I mean was there a certain part of the chapter that you liked? How the characters were acting in it? What?!

Now, this is totally going against what I just said about liking constructive criticism. But it pisses me off when people are like.

"Oh wow. That update was stupid. Stop making them like that. I didn't like that update at all."
*mah. mean angry face*


Okay, so maybe they don't add the mah. mean angry face.. But really? You tell me you hate it? If you don't like it then why are you reading my story? But, that's not constructive criticism is it? No. It's just saying I don't like your story.

I kind of understand why people won't give constructive criticism, I mean people can sometimes be mean on here. I can name a few b*tchy people on here. I'm not going to say who, but I've come across maybe 5 the whole time I've been here. Now don't get me wrong most people on here are nice, but I'm getting off the subject. Anyways back to what I was talking about.

Why people won't give constructive criticism. Some people can react bad to it, then b*tch you out on it. But I mean, it's not like they're trying to be mean when they do. They're just trying to help you with your writing. Some people really need it. I mean, I've maybe, once? Giving a helpful comment. I think of might of offended the person when I did, which I defiantly didn't mean to do, just trying to help.

A while back, like a couple of weeks ago, for the first time ever I got a constructive comment. Saying they didn't like this one part in the update. I'm not going to say what it said, just I'll give the gist of it.

"I didn't like that cutting part."

Is what it pretty much said. Now I totally understand why, I mean it didn't really need to be there and I really just got bored and felt like putting it there. Now I mean they said they didn't like it, but I didn't react badly. No. I went and replied, which I only do to comments that catch my interest usually ones with some helpful stuff in it, and we actually had a conversation about it. And it was very nice and helpful. The comment didn't sound mean, and I was happy she wrote that. I just thought I'd mention that.

But once again. All I'm saying is more people need to do constructive criticism instead of just putting the comments of "Love the update. Update soon." But don't try to be mean if you do. Help them out.

Now, well that's all I have to say I guess. I think this journal might have a bit of randomness in it, but I like it. (:

Lost In The Stereo
August 7th, 2009 at 10:46pm