I got a lip tattoo!

Okay, so my first tat ever :D

Image

Image

So why the inner lip?
For one, so my parents wouldn't see, and two, it's not incredibly permanent. Mostly I wanted it for experience, too see how much it can hurt, and dude, it is pretty frickin' badass.

So why 'envy'?
"Envy" was always my emotion from the Seven Deadly Sins lineup. I played Hera in a Greek play, symbolizing envy, and Envy is also my favorite homonculus from the Full Metal Alchemist series. It's an ugly emotion, but the word itself is pretty beautiful. Haha. It was gonna be 'glitter' or 'light' but envy was just too frickin' badass, and that was the long-term wanted one anyway.

So what's the story?
Well I always wanted a tattoo, and I decided my first will be small and relatively unseen 'coz I wanted one even before I asked my parents--since they'd totally not allow me while I'm still in the house. Religious and stuff. I was inspired mostly when I first saw Frank Iero's NJ lip tat. And then I have this friend who said she wanted to come with when I got my first.

So I was with her, with about three hours to kill, then we just had dinner and were going back to her condo when we passed this tat shop, which she said was recommended by her school paper. And I was like 'let's go and ask about a lip tat, and how much' and she was all 'srsly?' and I was like 'yus.' It turned out that it would only take a short time, and I had the money, so why not?

The aftermath:
So I smoked a cigarette fifteen minutes later and I realized it might be bad, it might get me infected xD And now I realize I might get in trouble if my dentist or something sees, and I'm not sure if I can donate blood (will they check the inner lip?)--but for the most part, I am so fucking glad I got it. I finally know what it's like, and hell yes, I want some more.

Thoughts?
August 8th, 2009 at 10:02am