I met The Used. <3

AUG 5TH 2009; FINALLY. AFTER 7 YEARS, I FINALLY GOT TO MEET MY HEROES. <333

Subject: Your London gig, and I need an answer to my question. :/

THE TICKETS TO YOUR UK SHOW ON AUGUST 5TH IS SOLD OUT.
And I bought plane tickets from Norway to London in vain!
I'm crying so hard right now, guys. :/

I feel like a mess, both 'cause I'm 19 and just that is fucked up, but also because I sent you a mail earlier this week where I said that I was looking forward to seeing you again, this time in London, and so were you.

Fuck, guys, I have no idea what to do.
I dropped two festivals, one of the my favorite, in order to travel to The UK.
Everything is falling apart right now.
I need you guys so bad.

I love you,
Lina.

Image

So, yeah; I took the risk of flying to England to hopefully find the guys.
And guess what? I met Dan backstage!
I showed him the PM I'd gotten from The Used's account on MySpace, and he just said; "Fuck! I remember that! I wrote that. Dude, you showed. That's so rad!"
Then he screamed for The Used's tour manager who came running with a list which I wrote my name down on.
I said that my last name 'Aas-Helseth' isn't pronounced 'ass', and he was all; "AHS?"
And I just giggled then, before he personally invited me to the gig. :'DDD
Plus, I congratulated Dan with his 29th birthday that was on July 7th and gave him a hug, and he was all; "Oh, yeah! I'm 29 now. Whoa, kinda lost track there. Thanks!"

Others that were from Scotland and stuff complained about them traveling far to see the Used, but when they heard about my trip from Norway, their jaws just dropped.
Neither one of them could believe that I risked going to London without any 'adults' with no pre-booked hotel whatsoever.
They all just said 'dedication' and to me, that's the perfect words as far as me and The Used go.
Plus, when Dan saw my nails, he said that they were rad 'cause I'd painted them blue and yellow. (:

And after the show, which by the way was amazing, I met Bert, Quinn and Dan. <3
I hung around them for hours and talked to them like it was the most natural thing to do. (:
Dan and Jepha were the ones who were out the most, but Quinn, along with Bert, showed up eventually. ;D
I think Bert's wife, Allison, was there too, but I'm not completely sure.

Jepha was all over the place, though, and showed me pictures on his iPhone.
Zelda was there and he was so cuuute. ;D

Then I met Bert and congratulated him on his 1st wedding anniversary which was on July 31st. (:
And when I asked him if it really was July 31st, he said; "As far as you're concerned, yeah."
Ahaha, he gave me the most suspicious look and a smile ever. ;D

Oh, and what was so funny; when I was taking pictures with Bert, I kissed him on his cheek and right after the picture had been taken, he suddenly barked, then carefully bit my cheek and licked it. xDDD
As I was about to leave, I whispered something in his ear, private, and he just took my hands, looked me straight in the eyes and said; 'thank you' with the most beautiful smile ever. <333

When I left, I actually randomly asked Quinn if he knew of any hostels nearby.
Don't ask me why I decided to ask him, I just did. xD
The weird thing was, he just began talking and talking and talking about all kinds of motels around London.
I thanked him and then went around the concert building just to have one final look.
When I came around the block, which was about 10 minutes later, I spotted him in a crossover.
He just smiled at me and stopped as he was about to cross the road and said; "Hey! Did you find any hostels yet?"
And I explained him the situation, which was that I was on a budget and everything was so expensive and it was all fucked up there and then.
Then he said; "Aww, I'm so sorry! Everything's gonna be alright, okay? I don't have a lot of money, but here's £5. It's all that I've got. Everything's gonna be alright, just keep on looking. You'll find something."
I said that I hope it would turn out okay, asked him if he could sign the £5 bill, which he did with a giggle, and then he began explaining that I could take a taxi and stuff.
But I've never hailed one by myself, so he began showing me how to and it was all so surreal. ;D
After I'd thanked him, he just smiled the cutest, yet worried smile ever, gave me a hug, wished me all the luck in the world and said; "See you next time in Norway".
And he left, nearly got hit by a car, but he was okay. xD
Still, that was by far the best god damned gig I've ever been to and the best day of my life. <333
August 8th, 2009 at 11:35pm