My Green Day Concert Experience, At the New Orleans Arena

So I was so excited the night before, I had to lay on the couch. Well pretty much half on the couch half off. I got so sick I almost vomited. And trust me that’s no lie. So I took something and I got better. It was just getting 4 in the morning, I should’ve been in bed so long ago. I got excited so I started AIM-ing all my friend that was awake. I was like “OMG GREEN DAY!” and then I got bored and I just bought these 8 gauges. And I had a pair of 12 in, I put like a whole bunch of rubbing alcohol on the ring and on my ear, I put it in just a tad, and I got tired of waiting…so I just pushed it though, yeah it hurt like hell but I got over it. So after it got about 5 I went to sleep for like 6 hours. I got up got dressed did my hair. And we were on my way. I cried the night before realizing I was going to see my heroes we all piled in the car, hooked the MP3 player up and listened to everything.

We got to the concert; I really couldn’t eat anything that day because I was too excited.
We paid 10$ for parking, I didn’t take my camera in, because people got caught with theirs so I got paranoid. Like that’s the only time ever because I love my camera and it cost too much money. And no I didn’t have a camera phone because I suck.

So we were waiting in line, we got our picture taken, because some guy who was doing some mantas of fans who wanted their picture taken. So we took a picture with some girl that was beside us. Some orange haired dude was dancing, so that made me wanna dance so I did the chicken dance and sung American Idiot. He looked at me and smiled a big ‘ole smile, so I turned my head and looked back a few seconds later. And he was doing the same thing. So I felt kindareally[s/] good, so we waited an hour and a half in line. So we finally got in, and they really didn’t cheek us much; and we flew in. We had to get drinks, ‘cause I knew I’d need it. It wasn’t in bottles. So I like got all mad about that. But I got over it, we had to ride the escalators, and I hate those things — stairs shouldn’t move unless you move your freaking feet. So we got up there and found out sets and we sat an waited for an hour, and the cutest guy sat by me. So I was happy about that. The first band came on, they weren’t good at all. A drunken bunny came on and did the YMCA dance so everyone else did he finally got off stage. So all people crowded in when Green Day came on. My mom owes me 60$ ‘cause I told her what they would play first. Which was
Song of the Century, 21st Century Breakdown, Know you’re enemy.

We all screamed and hollered and sang along. He got a little girl up there when they were singing East Jesus Nowhere. So he could “save” her, he leaned down and told her what to do, you know like whispered. She was from Philly or something. He said.
“A fire burns today of blasphemy and genocide the sirens of decay Will infiltrate the McKayla.” He pushed her head and she fell back and the lights blew up. He played the guitar to her, and she got up and got off stage. In every other song Billie would say “HEY-OHHH” and then the crowed would scream it and then it just got faster and faster. He would say “Now say WHOA!” real fast. It was actually pretty funny. They played St. Jimmy, so he did the so called ‘St. Jimmy Dance’ he ran around the stage, he mooned us, my mom said it didn’t look bad. Which just caused me to laugh, he got down and wad running everywhere again. He split, and did a Michelle Jackson move, and just crashed onto the floor and started humping the floor, we all laughed. He got up to the mic and started having a spas attack and started making no sense with words and it was so funny. He pulled his police hat on, Mike had cat ear and a cat tell, and Tre was dressed as a woman. They got everyone coming out playing the Sax atone, and the trumpet and Billie got the harmonica. He started playing it, then he got down on his back and spun around trying to break dance, Tre got up and did some wiggle dance which was just hilarious.

Then Billie and Mike were lying in the floor playing there instruments. You could feel the fire when it shot, so you knew they were burning up, so Billie got the super soaker and wet the crowed. And got toilet paper with a ran and a stick so it could like TP everyone without the effort I guess. He got a shirt launcher and it shot halfway across the room, all the way up in the top of the crowed, everyone looked back and said “Whoa” and went back to the concert. They played a whole bunch of songs, and went off stage. Some people left but something {And everyone else} stayed. Well all chanted for and on core, and they came back out and played Jesus Of Suburbia. And got some girl to play guitar with them, and sing at the same time. She was awesome I give her 2 thumbs up for that.

They crowed surfed everyone. Then they went back out and we chanted again, they came back out. They played 21 Guns and Wake Me Up When September Ends. Combined with Good Reddest (Time Of Your Life). Which made me cry really bad, but I cried the first time when they played the first part of Before The Lobotomy. Because I realized I got to see my heroes, and the band that got me into what I listen to today. Everyone sang along and I cried and sang my heart out like everyone else. That was officially the best day of my life. If I could replay it I would. I cried on the way home listeing to there CD. When we got home at 4 in the morning I went straight to my bed in the clothes I was wearing and sleep with a smile on my face I know. I woke up at 4 this afternoon telling all my friends and jumping up and down hugging everyone one.

Oh yeah! And some dude dressed up as Billie Joe, he had the hair right, the clothes and the tie XD. He went American Idiot style baby!

That was at the New Orleans Arena, and I had a blast!

My friend Gabe said when Billie was humping the floor, he wished he was underneith him. And he's straight XD
August 9th, 2009 at 08:38am