All Time Low Selling Out? Nope.

Ok, I keep seeing people on the Internet saying "Oh, god, All Time Low is such a sell-out band!" Now, the normal definition is when a band changes the style of their music for money, but that's not the definition that people are using. The def. that people are using is that selling out would be when a band gets huge, and doesn't care about the music that they are creating anymore. That they simply write some stupid lyrics, and perform it, but don't know what it means.

So people are saying that because: A. ATL has been on MTV and TRL a couple of times. and B. Their new album has a new-ish sound to it. Well, here's MY thoughts on that. I think that All Time Low has grown into a pretty big band, but they aren't huge (otherwise Alex wouldn't still be living with his parents). But since they are still growing, they have to try new styles of music. "Nothing Personal" was their test. They tried to do it a little differently, and wanted to see what would happen! Personally, I think that "Nothing Personal" is still a great album, because it's still THEM. But since it's different, people are saying that ATL is selling out. They obviously wrote those songs for a reason. All of the songs make sense, and you can tell, by listening to them, that they mean what they say in the songs. And if you're defining it with the first term, then that's a fact that you say is true, but is false. All Time Low tried something new BECAUSE THEY COULD. Not because they were payed to do it.

So, All Time Low IS NOT selling out. And even if they were, it's still good music! I would be disappointed, but I'm sure that they would still sound AWESOME!
August 9th, 2009 at 09:19pm