Yeah...I'm scared. Whats your biggest fear?

Ok so, I've been thinking about my future alot lately. I know I'm only 16 but college is right around the corner and I have no clue what I want to do in life. It scares me to death to have to pick one thing to do. I want to travel the world. I want to make money. But I also want to do something I love. Have you ever really thought about courage? I've been thinking and came to the conclusion that people who think that musicians and actors and rock bands took the easy way out I think that they are sadly mistaken. Do you know just how much courage it takes to put your whole future on the line for something you love. Most bands work hard at what they do and start at the very bottom and work their way up. They beleive in themselves and their dream so much that they bet everything. My god I wish I had the courage to do that. To be able to say "I love playing the guitar so much that I don't care if I fail, I just want to do what I love. Screw the pressure of everyone around me. One day I'll show them what success really is." I pray every night that I have the courage. It may require more knowledge but doctors and surgeons and lawers and pharmacists are all great jobs...but they are all guaranteed a pretty hefty chunk of change. I'm not saying that I don't respect those occupations, I'm just saying that I think it takes more courage and balls to put everything on the line knowing that failure is a very likely possibilty.

"I learned that I would rather fail miserably doing something I love than to succeed doing something I hate."

-Zacky Vengeance

Thoughts? Whats your biggest fear?
August 12th, 2009 at 01:45am