Watch your step, I might just randomly burst into tears. . .

So today I was typing along on my miniature laptop minding my own business. I was writing Chapter 8 of my story on Mibba. I had just finished it and hit spell-check when it said "This page cannot be displayed." I tried to go back to save my chapter, but alas, it was gone forever. When I discovered this, I burst into tears.

Unusual, isn't it? Yes, me bursting into tears for something like this. But for some reason, that was just it, I made it a good chapter, I added some really good yet small details, and now it's gone forever. I don't have the heart to re-write it at the moment. (Eventually I'll get to it, probably tomorrow).

Then it turns out, that I had to get supper ready, and that was frustrating because none of my many brothers or sisters would come help. I also did the dishes practically by myself with my dad (which was also frustrating).

I went upstairs to go write in my journal. I couldn't find my favorite pen, so I decided on just a regular black Bic pen; it died. So I got a different pen, but I suddenly saw my favorite one laying there, so as I went to put the pen back in the cup, I tipped it over and pens, pencils, etc. went flying everywhere. I immediately burst into tears for the second time today.

I know, they seem like such little and trivial things, but for some reason I couldn't handle it. I think I'm okay now, but maybe not.

******
Anyway, I'm reading Lucky by Alice Sebold. It's a memoir she wrote about when she was raped when she was 18 years old in a park near her college campus. It starts out with the rape and then it talks about the aftermath. I'm only on page 76, but I really like it so far. It's really disturbing though. I definitely recommend it to all.

I should probably suck it up and rewrite chapter 8 of my story on here, but that means I need to go get on a different computer because this one is messed up. And I can only get on my little laptop because the desktop is in our family room and people are walking around all over my house, and I would prefer it if they didn't look over my shoulder, but the little one is being very stupid and freezing up half the time.

I have marching band practice from 7-8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and the next and the next (and on Tuesday). It kind of sucks, but I promised myself with a breakfast of pancakes tomorrow, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Do you know how annoying it is to have your younger sisters go out every night with friends and you stay here at home. . . all the time. . . with your parents . . .?? It is soooooo annoying. And don't tell me to just make friends and try because you don't know me.

Alright, I'm betting for at least one more set of tears tonight. What do you think?
August 12th, 2009 at 02:34am