Sometime, I wish I truely was 88...

Okay, not 88 years old, because I still want youth. But there's many a time I wish I was older, just by two or three years. Yes, those years I skip would probably be the best years of my life but... Right now, those few years are holding me back. And honestly? Holding others back.

And yes, I'm talking romantically. Why else would I be complaining? I'm happy, I have a decent degree of independance, despite my age. School isn't terribly difficult, and I have friends of all ages. I'm just.. there. Not 'popular' there, but yeah, people know me. That's nice.

But, when it comes to attraction at my age, the feeling has never mutual.

Why? Apparently I'm some form of Jailbait, because I look older then I am. Plus, I'm seldom attracted to people my age. Usually, it's people 2-3 years older then I actually am, which is obviously going to lead to heartache and dissapointment.

I never really gave any thought to it, because it never bothered me, until someone close to me said "If you hadn't told me you were [age not disclosed], I probably would've tried to kiss you by now." That honestly tore me apart. To make matters worse, there was a 5 minute awkward silence, and I had to break it.

"The weather's been nice lately..." I managed to say, taking a sip of my pepsi, just to show him I wasn't shocked or disturbed by what he had said. That one liner was followed by "That truck is big..." and ultimately, "The cement is grey..."

Anywho, do you wish you were older/younger? and why?
August 12th, 2009 at 05:52pm