Guess who's now employed! Also, new supergroup and a rant.

So today I went in for my interview and I was hired! I start tomorrow. =D It's at a safari themed park/petting zoo type thing. You get to feed the animals and stuff. I'll most likely be working the gift shop, sometimes the back gate selling carrots, and maybe even the ice cream place.

Also, last night while going through tumblr, I found this. DUDE! Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, and John Paul Jones? Sign me up! This stuff needs to be in my ears now. Dave and Josh work well together, I know. Dave was in Queens of the Stone Age for a while. And John Paul Jones seems like he'd be a great fit. So excited for whenever this is released.

Anyway, I've been hearing and seeing stuff about sexual relationships, what's right and what's wrong. In my opinion, if the person feels they are ready (and there's no legal issues) they can have sex when they want. It doesn't matter if they're in a steady relationship or not. Any consequences that arise are theirs to deal with, and usually no one else's.

What bugs me is when people start throwing "ho" or "whore" or "slut" or any other derogatory word at the women. Just because a woman has sex doesn't make her a slut or anything. It's her choice, and it doesn't involve anyone else. Girls need to stop being so critical of each other. We need to be more supportive, even if we don't agree with each other's actions/ideas.

If a girl has sex with a man, it is not solely her fault if she becomes pregnant. The fault lies on both parties involved. Yes she "let him in" but he entered. Men are just as responsible for contraceptives as girls. Both should think about the consequences of entering into a sexual relationship.

My point is the double standards are pretty stupid. Sadly, most of the time it seems the negative comments come from other women, and not men. Whether or not you agree with it, sex is a part of life and is going to happen at different times for different people.
August 13th, 2009 at 08:22pm