I've just had a pretty bad day.

The morning started off just great..

It was my Great Uncle's funeral. Now, I'm quite ashamed to say now that I never knew him very well, and now... I wish I tried harder to.

There was this part at the start of the service where it went through his life, and it turned out he served in the RAF and then went on to build planes.

He did loads of interesting stuff, and I never knew.

Also, at the end I felt rather awkward, because everybody around me was crying, and my brother and I were just stood there.

While everyone cried.

It was the first funeral I've been to where I didn't cry. But, I guess that was because I didn't know him enough to feel any loss.

That made me feel bad, because my mum said that he was really proud of me.

Yet, I hardly knew him... I cant even remember his face.

But anyway... this evening I went out with my friend because I needed to be cheered up.

It was going fine, my friend was making me laugh, but I went to put my hand in my pocket and I felt this really sharp stinging pain in my hand near the base of my thumb, so I pulled my hand out of my pocket and there was a wasp ... a massive wasp with its silly little stinger thing embedded into my hand.

'Course... I freaked out.

I absolutely hate wasps and bees... anything that buzzes and stings you.

So I was stood there staring at my hand watching this wasp slowly die... and then I screamed.
I actually screamed like an idiot at my friend and yelled at him to get the thing off my hand and he was laughing.

So I started crying because I was that scared.

I wasn't impressed at him, standing there in hysterics while I yelled at a wasp in my hand. (:
In the end I went over to this women and asked her to flick it off.

Now my entire thumb hurts when I move my fingers. I don't know why though...

But... my mum gave me ice to numb it. Except typing this has made it hurt again now.

Have any of you guys ever been stung by anything?
August 14th, 2009 at 11:03pm