It Makes Me Sad...

It just breaks my heart when you were once so close to someone, so close it seemed like you were more than family. The oh-so-fun memories of staying up late talking and joking around. Or saving up your money from birthdays and allowances, just to take them shopping for their birthday. Taking the goofiest pictures in the photo booth and laughing as you both yell at it to be quiet, knowing full well that it can't hear you because it's not alive. Running around town at 3 am and getting picked up by the cops for being out past curfew. Recording tons of videos for youtube that range from just sitting on your asses talking about nothing, to dancing around singing Fall Out Boy in high pitched and off key voices while using your makeshift guitar and drum set as real ones. Spending hours getting ready, doing makeup and your hair, just to take about a million pictures and knowing for a fact that you'll only keep about three or four. Writing little notes to each other in the middle of class when you get bored, and standing there as they read them. Crying with each other when times get rough, and laughing so hard your sides hurt over nothing. From friendly pep talks when they're down to harsh words when they're losing themselves. Being there with them through the rough breakups and having them there when your heart is constantly being toyed with.
It breaks my heart when one minute everything's fine, there are laughs and jokes and just plain happiness. And the next minute there are tears and heartache. It just hurts me so much to know that things change and time moves forward, stopping for nothing and no one.
One minute you're like family and the next you're like strangers. From parents telling you that you can never be friends again tofriends telling you it'll be alright, when they go and talk and hang out with them but don't tell you anything.
But what kills me the most is when your 'best friend' doesn't even act like they care you're not friends anymore. When they just go on with their life like there's nothing missing.
How they act like you were never even there
It kills me to have to wake up and realize that maybe things weren't meant to be, that life does go on. Maybe you never were important in their life at all, it was all in your head.
It makes me sad when you lose someone very important to you, and realize one morning that life goes on, and there's nothing that you can do.
August 15th, 2009 at 08:07am