Why do people have to be so vulgar?

Last night I was on MySpace when a new updated status of my closest guy friend popped up. He's always having rough days so I decided to comment on it.

His status was "I had the worst effin day ever."

I commented "Probably no worse than mine. Wanna compare? :D". He told me about his day and I told him about mine, allowing us both to vent some steam.

One of his friends added a comment after mine saying "You know, you should be a sympathetic friend and stop trying to one-up him. I hate stupid (insert n-word here) who do that shit." Then posted another comment saying "The audacity of this (n-word), I swear."

Well, I'm not known for my patience, so I retaliated. "Well, you obviously don't know what sarcasm is. How can you have the audacity to call me such names?"

Another friend joined the argument with this: "He can because he has a three foot long d*ck so put that in your pipe and smoke it...(n-word), lol."

Again me: "Yeah, that's something to brag about. That's absolutely vulgar! And that gives him no right to call me such names!"

Eventually, my friend broke up the fight. I don't see why people this its cool to be so disgusting and vulgar. And I don't see why we have to call people such rude and hurtful names. The fact that he called me that only justifies why I would never say that word. I felt a tiny portion of what the black community must feel.
August 16th, 2009 at 08:02am