I SAW WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the title seems to explain itself but I SAW WICKED I SAW WICKED I SAW WICKED!!! i'm so happy. i've been obsessed for forever and i finally got to see it! i was sitting there singing along but the music was so loud i doubt anyone could hear me. it was really cool. and it mixed in alot more of the book than i thought it would. like the timedragon clock being used as the set. it's so much better than just reading the script and listening to the CD.
afterward, my mom almost convinced me to go up behind the curtain to get autographs but an usher came up and was like "yeah, you can't go back there." and i was all bummed. then he started babbling on and on about how to go around the building to the stage door in the back. so i was like, giddy the whole way there. (the Denver Temple Buell is huge). I got Nessa and Fiyero's signatures on my (outragiously overpriced poster) and they walked off together. They're married. It was cute. and Nessa's really pretty and Fiyero's really hot!!! (Or as Nessa said, "FIYERO IS REALLY DAMN SEXY!"). Then Glinda and Elphie came out. I got both of their signatures and got to hug them both. i was talking to Victoria (the actress for Elphaba) and i started crying because it was happyier than i had been in a long long time. it was kindof pathetic -_- i also got to meet Victoria's husband and thier dog.
it was during defying gravity when Elphaba was up in the air (as i learned later, during signing, she was on an itty bitty platform hidden by a huge foux skirt and held up by a clamp around her waist. she said it was really padded.) that i realized, that "this, this is exactly what i want to do when i'm older. not necessariy acting but i want to be Elphaba. in more ways than just the stage performance." yes, i would like to be Elphaba in the play but also in personality. she so...herself. she's given up on trying to fit in and she just wants everything to be fair. she stopped caring what people think about her. she never stopped until she got what she wanted. and even then, it's all a bit complicated. "because getting your dreams, as strange as it seems, a little well, complicated. there's a kindof a sort of, cost. there's a couple of things get...lost. there are bridges you've crossed you didn't know you've crossed until you've crossed. " (ironically, it was glinda who said/sang that...)
but "i'm through accepting the limits, cause someone says they're so. somethings i cannot change, but 'til i try i'll never know. too long i've been afraid of, loosing love i guess i'd lost. well if that's love, it comes at much too high a cost." there's so many lessons you can learn from Wicked. So i think i'll stop while im...if not ahead, i'll just stop here anyway.
May 20th, 2007 at 11:22am