Did you know that gummy worms have faces?

Last year my best friend Shana moved forty-five minutes away. We try to see each other as much as possible and hang out but sometimes it’s hard. The summer’s been kinda busy but this weekend my family was having a BBQ and I didn’t have work so I had Shana over.

She came over Thursday night and it was nice to just review everything that’s happened that we haven’t talked about online; we don’t talk that much through IMs or email. Time just flew by; we ended up going to bed about one-thirty.

On Friday we had to clean up the house for Saturday, Shana loves cleaning for some reason so it went by quickly. We walked to Walgreens and got gummy worms and bears. It was so hot out but it was a nice walk besides that. Jess was working at Rita’s from one to six so after dinner we went to see her. That was a fun visit. Jess guessed what I wanted, a kids cup of rootbeer ice, and she made fun of me for it. I also figured out that what I thought was a window was actually the door that the employees use to enter and exit the place through. I felt smart. That night we stayed up for a while, again, and just talked and we were talking to people on line. It was fun.

We were eating the gummy worms while watching Enchanted and found out that the worms have faces on them. I was eating a red one, looked at the face, and it was just smiling up at me. It was weird to eat them after that; I’m used to the bears having faces but not the worms. I tried to take a picture of it but it wouldn’t come out.

Yesterday was the BBQ. We had bagels for breakfast, they were yummy. The BBQ didn’t start until two when my grandma and grandpa showed up and then the next people to show up were my relatives from up north about two-thirty. Aunt Dar and Dani didn’t come until three because they got lost. It was a fun party. Shana knows my mom’s side of the family because we live near them but she’s never really met my family from up north since they live two hours away. It was nice to talk to everyone, mostly Dani. We talk about books every time we see each other. My sister and I are going over her house on Wednesday and we’re probably going to have a Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean movie marathon.

Shana left around noon today. We’re gonna try to hang out before school starts, September eighth for me. Today my cousin Nikki came over. The last time I saw her was July 21, 2007, the day Deathly Hallows came out. I was a little distracted during her visit since I was trying to read the book. We had a nice time today; we played Apples to Apples and then went to the mall. Then she left and now there are no extra people in the house, it seems so lonely.
August 17th, 2009 at 01:35am