It's not a secret [No Man's Land]

Like the title says, it's not exactly a secret that I'm a very big fan of No Man's Land. Jinxeh knows this herself and I even was that one crazy enough to actually cosplay one of the characters mainly Jackie Flores.

Concerning Jackie Flores; I recently got another idea that would suit him perfectly and considering that he is fictional and rather close to my heart, I figured that I should use him for this next project. A doll.

So I started looking around until I finally found a doll in one of the stores. It was in this kid's packet and it was already made. I suck at making stuff myself so I saved myself the trouble of actually making the doll myself. I bought it for a cheap price and quickly decided that the doll was not going to end up like it looked like on the box (for which I had the materials and nothing else). I grabbed a big pile of black cloth and started cutting out pieces, knitting them together and trying to make it look as if the doll was wearing a suit.

In the end, his hair was the hardest part. I never quite found a good cloth for the bright red hair that Jackie Flores seems to have on his head. Until I found an old piece of blanket stuffed away somewhere by my father and everything came full circle.

So now, I present to you, the first (poorly made) Jackie Flores doll.

Image
August 18th, 2009 at 07:47pm