Why do we wish upon stars that fall from the sky?

We are oblivious to the error of our ways. We don't realize that something like wishing on a falling star is rather crude and ignorant.

Tell me, why do we wish on the loss of beauty? One less star to decorate the darkness of the sky. A little less illumination. And we find it to be such a miraculous thing.

Will we wish on them as they fall, more and more at a time, crashing towards our Earth and the lives we live here? Will we revel in the absence of minute light in the night sky to lead us when we are astray?

Blinded, are our eyes. We don't see the truth behind our actions, we think no further than what we assume to be given. Tradition trumps anything, and we continue on...uncaring, uninspired, unreal.

What is it that leaves us to make assumptions, to restrain from questioning those who teach us and the world around us? Is it a requirement, to be part of the human race we must accept what we are told and focus with nothing more than a one-track mind?

I ask these questions, often. They have no apparent answer, but there is a lot that isn't as it appears. Nothing in this world is definitive. Everything can change at a moment's notice, miracles exist, things that seem impossible happen.

The trouble is, we refuse to accept such facts. And the few who do take such things for granted. Life doesn't come with a set of instructions, and though many think they've got it mostly figured out, they are entirely wrong. The point is to do the best you can with what you know and what you can figure out. Sometimes, that means ignoring what is standard and looking at things in a far different manner.

Don't learn life, live it.

-K
August 18th, 2009 at 08:53pm