You know how in the first Transformers, Optimus is like, "We learned your language from the World Wide Web"?

Well, how awesome would it be if one of them spoke LOLcats?

I think it would be Jazz.

Anyways, that's not really pertinent to this journal, it's just something my friend Shannon & I thought up. Because we're geeks and we get bored.

I finally got my tattoos. I got my wrist done on the 11th and Jordan came with me. He had set me up with his artist friend, and he also wanted to come to take pictures. I got script on my wrist. I was absolutely flippin' out before I went in. Jordan kept checking my pulse on my wrist, and then he would laugh and say, "you're so scared right now!" I bet everyone is before they go in.

But, it wasn't nearly as bad as you build it up to be. I know it sounds terribly cliched, but the anticipation was by far, the worst of it. The first words that came out of my mouth when he drew the first line was, "that was nothing!" It actually felt kind of good in some spots, like it was itching a scratch. I must have a higher pain tolerance than I thought I did.

I don't have any shots of my wrist now it's healed, but I will get some ASAP. It looks better IRL than it does in the photos. It's much finer, although I will have to go back for touch ups in a couple of weeks.

Image

Image

Image
He was going over the lines, and it stung a little bit.

Then, on the Sunday after that I got my foot tattoo done. It was done by my mom's artist, who has a private studio. My mom was getting a Celtic spiral behind her ear that same day. She's covered! It's pretty cool. I wasn't nearly as anxious going into this one, because I had a point of reference for what to expect, although that's not to say I wasn't a bit nervous. The foot hurt exponentially more than the wrist. It wasn't enough to make me cry or even smudge my mascara, but it was enough to make me go, "ah!" once or twice. But, it was quite worth it and now I have the Tree of Gondor on my foot. I told you I was a geek.

When we were leaving the studio, my mom and I saw three young guys walking down the street wearing nothing but Ed Hardy clothes. I swear they must have coordinated before they left the house that morning. I don't know why, but I really don't like the Christian Audigier line of Ed Hardy clothes. I like Sailor Jerry designs and Lucky 13 designs, but I really haven't warmed up to Ed Hardy. I think it's too ostentatious. That, and the fact that everyone I see is decked out in Ed Hardy everywhere I look has something to do with it. I dunno. I think simplicity is best if you're trying to pull of tattoo inspired clothing, or else it just looks really tacky. Just a thought.

But, with that being said, I did see a pair of high heels that had Ed Hardy designs on them that I thought were kind of cute. =/

I think I'll leave it at that for now. I finally got around to updating A Comedy or Errors, so if you want, check it out and leave me some constructive criticism.

For Gondor!
- Linden
August 20th, 2009 at 09:23am