Encampment

Well I went to this leadership camp for ROTC which is Jr. Air Force. And it's a military like environment to create teenagers into the leaders of tomorrow. Well I couldn't wait for the 5 day thing to start. We went to a National Guard base up north about 20 minutes away from where we live. And every day was alright. The program brought four schools together including my own. And might I say the other schools were very stuck up. I did not like many people if any from the other schools. So my school all stuck together. I was supposed to stay for 5 days but I ended up having to go home early.
I went home early today at 1AM because I was brought to the hospital for dehydration. During the day I'd get massive headaches, felt sick, dizzy, and all around horrible. I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I told my Major that I was not feeling well and he said to tell him if I began feeling worse. Later that night I went straight to bed and began shaking feeling freezing cold. It was over 90 degrees that night too. All I remember was shaking so much I almost fell off my bed and five people talking to me asking me questions until I was picked up and brought to the hospital. When I got there I did wake up a bit but it still felt as if everything was spinning.
I saw that my Major, Sargent, and chaperon were talking to me. I was at the hospital. I was being asked question and was told my parents were coming to get me. I laid in the hospital bed with a headache still. And my parents came but they usually drink during the summer so I could smell the booze on them in the room. But I was there waiting two hours waiting for someone to help me. But all they did was take my temperature three times and didn't bother to give me an IV to give me water. I was clearly dehydrated. And I couldn't swallow anything without throwing up. So my mom got pissed off and signed me out and took me home and managed to get me to swallow some water down and I finally went to bed at 1AM.
So today I had to make three phone calls to my best friend who was crying all night, my boyfriend who I'm supposed to pick up to go camping with me tomorrow, and my best friend's mom who's like my other mom. I had to tell them all that I was ok I will get better but I'm still slightly not feeling well with a small headache still. I just wish I could go back to the camp I had so much fun.
August 20th, 2009 at 05:54pm