What Exactly Is Emo?

It facinates me how kids can take style from other kids who used to be seen as freaks and rebels. Like Scenes for instance. Don't get me wrong. Love the style and I ain't a hater.

My friend says that she is slowly going to become Scene. She's been listening to a variety of bands like Lovehateheros, Jimmy eat worlds, and Linkin Park. I have a list of great rock bands that aren't emo but just as good like MCR. Rock not emo. Got it... Anyway I'm really jealous of all the people who wear skinny jeans, and belts with the studs, and the rock band shirts. But that's another entry.

I was just wondering if the unique group emos be pushed to the back and have their group become an endangered species. Also I was wondering what happened to Hot Topic. When I was little like in elementary school. Hot Topic was the last store I would even look it. It was up there with Spencers. Now I go into Hot Topic and I see Hello Kitty and Gir. Are they really Goth or even Emo?

I love the style and I know Emo has different levels. Goth is under Emo right? Or are they totally different things? I'm not clueless to anything that's going on. Actually I'm just writing this to get some opinions.

I'm going to be a freshmen this year and you know some people are going for the preppy vibe while others are going for the dark insecure vibe. I know Scene people are very outgoing I mean check out myspace XD.

Love the hair, love the music, love the style. However, back to the serious matter I want your opinion and I beg you to comment. What Exactly is Emo? You know what I think (Read the above.) But what do you think Emo is? Is it music, fashion, style, people, or all the above.
August 21st, 2009 at 02:44am