Shut Up & Eat Your Damned Food

So, i've noticed i should probably shut up whenever we're at the dinner table.
'Cuz every time i say something which is truly of my opinion, i'm then harassed by my own father. Like the other day, i said how an old family friend is traveling across Europe, and will come see us with his mate, and then dad brought up a story his younger brother had told him about going across Europe and then going to north Africa, and how he felt uneasy there. I then said that i would be most likely comfortable there. Then he started saying that i was stating bullshit and was truly incorrect. So i argued with him, because i did and do think i'd be safe there. 'Cuz we always lived in some sort of area which wasn't all that safe. Yet i never felt uneasy.
I ended that meal walking smoothly while sizzling up to my room.

Today though, somehow the topic of religion came across the dinner table, and i stated once again how i felt about it. Oh wait, it was about the meaning of my name. Which is apparently faithful and believing in thy God. Or some random stuff like that. Then i laughed, and said it was a bunch of bull because i'm anti-Christ. Then both my parents got on my ass saying i am not like that. Then my mom asked me if i believed in god or not, and i said no. Then dad ranted how i do actually. And then i said no, because i'm against religion. I don't want to be forced into such a thing like they seem to be doing on a day to day process in this world. Forcing anyone into believing what they believe. (Damned Mormons!- haha) Then my mom looked at my dad and said that i could believe in anything i chose to believe (does this mean i could be a Satan worshiper?) yet he still was upset.

He also said that if i say that as openly as i did today at the dinner table, anyone who is my friend would just walk away. As if i was nothing. I then said "What? Is everyone that materialistic these days?" He wasn't happy with that comment either.

He then got up to get his coffee, and i under my breath, said to my mom that i guess i really shouldn't speak my mind at the table, i get harassed by men. Luckily Daddy didn't hear that. But mom didn't like what i said. Then as i cooly stepped up towards my room, i heard her telling him to stop going overboard and losing his cool around me. Hah!

So yeah, i just felt like letting some steam out and writing it on here. Although i'm not really angry. But that's because when i get pissed off and also anger my parents i am in a cool mood. Like a soothing "Yes, i got under their skin" type of thing. Which i guess isn't the best thing. But what the hell right?

Sorry if i offended anyone who read this.
I don't mean to, i swear.
August 21st, 2009 at 10:06pm