Looking For Answers To Some Questions

So everyone loves story comments, no? I know I do. I love when I wake up in the morning after posting a story the night before to wake up to a new story comment. It just makes my stomach flutter. But you know what drives me completely insane? When I see someone who has posted a one-shot or the first chapter to their story, and has, let's say thirty readers, but not a single comment. I really don't understand why people don't comment. I mean not even one person out of thirty thought about giving a comment, because if they thought about commenting, I'm sure they would.

I first thought that maybe people just didn't want to comment or they came up with a thousand different excuses not to comment, but as I continued to see stories without comments, I started to think that maybe the reason they didn't have comments, was because the thirty readers that went and looked at that story didn't like it. They look at the little "please comment (:" note at the bottom and think of one of those life rules everyone knows, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all." So therefore, they refrain from posting a comment. Is that what it is? Is that the reason so many stories are left commentless? I am surely not condemning any for doing that, because I myself have done it. But If that is your case, may I ask you the question of, Are you too chicken to critique? Because I know I am. I am much too afraid of hurting someone's feelings or pride, especially when they think that they have posted a story that is deserving of praise, I know that would disappoint me a little.

So would you do me a favor and answer my questions? I'm dying to get some answers.
August 22nd, 2009 at 06:57am