*When the plum tree blossoms*

I have learnt alot over these past few weeks.
-> Stress can be good and bad, along with pressure.
-> Music is free. Don't ever let anything limit the liberty of music.
-> Change is okay. It's inevitable, so you have to learn to accept it.
-> Some friends... are just never meant to be friends.
-> Other friends will always be more than merely 'friends'
-> Not all your friends will like each other, but if they are truly your 'friends' then they should be able to be mature about it.

So stress.. where to begin? Our mock exams now have a new meaning and a name. They are no longer practice exams, they are called.. *drum roll* Entrance Exams! *cue the scream*
Uhgh. The name shouldn't make that much of a difference, but it's just that no one will shut up about it! I'm sick of it all.. yeah I kinda got they were all important erm.. let me think. A while ago.
Last Saturday was the HBC teacher's music festival competition, in my category, 16 and under 25 years, I came third! Yay, my first placing like... ever :) All the other competitors were really good and talented. && because all the place getters in that category were my teacher's students, the teacher was also very happy.
On Sunday was the North Shore Choirs competition, Rangi did quite well actually. It was a lot more intense this year because it wasn't just choirs on the north shore competing. Schools like Dio and St. Marys were really good. But omg. Westlake. Man. Voicemale really is something. But then again so is Fundies!!
Yeah, Rangi did really well. Our Junior Choir won the junior award, Mainly Men got very highly commended, SOS was placed third (hehe xD) and Fundies 2nd! I was so stressed about the chereography in SOS we had to have it changed at the last minute because our uniforms didn't allow our arms to come all the way up. Eeeek. But yeah, it was fun as, we sung Summer from "The Four Seasons," written by this dude called HOLST. Followed by Minoi Minoi - A traditional Samoan piece about drunken ants dancing :) And we finished with Joyful joyful which was the chereographed one, from Sister Act II
It was so much fun. I'm definitely doing choir next year. :)
Tuesday was my friend's birthday, and I started to notice a few weird things, Wednesday was when everything kind of fell apart. Thursday was KBB and wow.. all the other schools esp Auckland Boys Grammar (I didn't see Westlake) were so good!! According to un-named sources, Rangi's concert band, big band, orchestra and chamber orchestra all "got something" so that's good :) Yay.
Friday was my grade 8 piano exam. It was horrid. I really don't want to go into details. And I hope like hell I pass. Oh please please please. -_-

So that's stress.

&& because of all that, I haven't been treating music in general like the treasure it actually is. Now that my exam is over, I will not quit you mark my words. I will do so many fun things that I will always laugh when I see a piano because it will remind me of all the happy times I will soon have on it. I'm going to finally start writing that music with Sophie, in which one future great hit will be "when the plum tree blossoms" I have no idea where that came from. It's random, and that's what makes it special :) I am not quitting violin either, I'll write some cool as pieces feat. Violin just cuz I can! xD
And singing will just float along nicely because my teacher likes my voice :) So I learnt, as a classically trained musician, I've been brought up to dissect, admire and critque other people's performances. To break up every aspect of the music in order to learn something from it and to use it to my advantage. I've been doing this so much lately I've actually failed to see the beauty and love that flows from music. Luckily good old F continues to play in front of me. He really is amazing you all have to meet him <3 :) I love his music!!
So now, the exam is over, I am going to learn to relax, and cherish the music all over again. Josh came over today. We had a nice little chat mixed with acoustic guitar and singing. (well actually he did most of that) It was really good. A real eye opener. All this I've been missing out on while I was being submerged under the pressure of classical-ness. Now don't get me wrong, I love classical. It's just.. I've finally realised what all the teachers mean when they want you to try a broad range of genres. Get the full impact of this magic we call music.

And that's music.

Change. Is... freaking me out. Growing out of friends? It's so scary.
So Wednesday was the day I lost it because.. I couldn't take it anymore. Best friend wasn't talking to me. Deliberately interrupting me in fact. Ignoring my opinions. Since when do BFF's do that? And it hurt even more because I had no idea what I'd done wrong, and also because she's not even that kind of a person! I thought as two mature 16 year olds we would be able flow through it if one of us is just having a bad day. But no. I know I'm at fault here too, for losing my temper. But after a while, it gets. argh I don't know how to explain. I fail. And she had the nerve to ask why I 'threw' my friends out? I never threw them out. I merely notified them what the teacher said. If she had listened once in a while, then she would have heard what that teacher said too. Honestly how a best friend can forget how old you are turning on your birthday after a year of meeting you I really have no clue. But then again... I don't know everything.. maybe it is possible after all. Maybe that's just how some best friends are.
Yeh right. >.<

So that's change alright.
I really wish it wouldnt' happen so quickly.
The other thing changing is my muntedness. Can't get my thoughts/emotions straight. Boy A has a girlfriend Boy B does not. Boy A sends me in a fury of tears almost everytime I come into contact with him while Boy B makes me the most happiest person on earth. But then what happens when the so called BFF who forgets how old you're turning on your birthday also likes Boy B?

There's no rule that states I have to end up going out with either Boy A or Boy B. In fact, I'm staying put. I know Boy C is going to come along soon and he'll own both Boy A and B combined.

Oh I'm munted as.
I really am. >.<
August 22nd, 2009 at 07:11am