August 21, 2009. Warped Tour

Let’s start from the beginning. Yesterday, August 21, 2009, I popped my two friends, Kylie and Alex’s, Warped Tour Cherry. So proud of myself. Lol.

As we were walking to the stage to catch the We The Kings and Escape The Fate set, we got stopped by some guy involved in catering. We decided the bands we would miss between twelve and two wouldn’t be that bad of a trade off for backstage passes all day, as well as free lunch. Except the You Me At Six set. But oh well.

I was pretty happy, I got to serve food to all my favorite bands. Jared and Pat from The Maine, Hunter and Travis from We The Kings, A Skylit Drive, Kyle Burns from Forever The Sickest Kids, Alex, Rian, Jack and Matt from All Time Low. Etc. Pretty much all my heroes.

So, I met Alex, Jack and Rian in catering. Jack cannot stand still. He walked in circles around the group he was with(Rian, Alex and Kyle Burns.) So All Time Low comes to me, and I dish their food out. Well when it's Alex’s turn, he leans over and he's looking at me over the top of his glasses and asks for turkey. Well I'm pretty sure I pissed Alex off. I was in charge of turkey and ham, right? And you're only allowed to give three pieces of meat(there were three kinds.) Alex wanted turkey, so I gave him three, but a fourth piece was attached, and I had to take it back since it was dangling over his plate. Apparently he doesn't like his meat taken away from him. (But it could also be because he's the only one I stuck to that rule with. Lol)

Anyways, so because of that, the helping at catering, I got a free backstage pass to see any band from side stage but I had to have someone from catering with me. Well, we also donated blood for passes such as those, except the pass itself got us in to any stage except the main stage.

We caught some of The Devil Wears Prada’s set. Really awesome.

Getting backstage for Valencia and Forever The Sickest Kids was crazy. This one lady kicked us out twice, after another lady told us we were fine.

Valencia had a great set. Sort of a small crowd. During their set, Forever The Sickest Kids were chilling. Talked to Kyle(Kylie got a picture with him since I have one already), Kent, Austin, Marc and Caleb. Cool guys, really. Forever The Sickest Kids does some weird thing before they go on stage. I think they actually might pray?(Video at the bottom.)

We went and caught The Maine’s set and A Day To Remember. The Maine’s was a little different than in San Francisco, but it was awesome none the less.

I got barricade for A Day To Remember because you cant not be in the crowd for it. Some guy spilt his Sprite down my arm and on my camera. He got an elbow to the stomach “by accident.” Then the same guy, while he was trying to lift his friend up, handed my friend Alex his cup. Well, Alex didn’t exactly know what to do with the cup when the guy expected Alex to help pass the girl off. So, he let the girl fall. Flat on her face. Hahahaha. A Day To Remember blew my mind, no joke. Especially when Mike from The Devil Wears Prada came out.

Chiodos was pretty good. I don’t know if their Wall Of Death rivals the one Bring Me The Horizon had last year. They gave the guys of All Time Low shit, which was funny. Especially saying that we had to have an awesome Wall Of Death because All Time Low was next, so obviously it would be the last of the night.

Well backstage for All Time Low was hilarious. Got there half hour before their set(Chiodos was just finishing.) And all the guys and crew were there. Alex "pretened" to hump Jack(my friend Alex doesn't exactly like All Time Low now that he's seen the way they act. Psh.) Jack signed my poster, Alex said he would after the show(didn't sign it, hence why I think he hates me. And many more reasons.) Rian was so in the zone. And Zack was doing some funky thing with the pole right above me and so my friend says he's a tool, and she doesn't even listen to All Time Low. Oh, Zack also obviously doesn't know his own name.

Sidestage I stood next to Matt while he did the backing vocals. Travis from We The Kings went out during their set. Alex's shirt, that was the same from the morning, then had mustard, ketchup and holes all over it. Oh, and I was the only one to pump my fist at "Streetfight" which is awkward when you're backstage, where the crowd can see you.

Also, All Time Low decided to get their crowd to do a Wall Of Death to prove Craig Owens wrong. Pretty good one too, because most kids actually did pretty awesome in it.

When we left, we went to In N Out. 20 minutes later, Vinny posted a Tweet saying that's where they were going. We left as they got in line, which is fine by me cuz I wasn't going to bother them. I did get a kinda creeper picture of them all in line, and a picture of their bus. Lol.

Anyways, Kylie and Alex gave me so much crap about All Time Low today. They nudged me every time they saw someone in ATL, almost forced me into a panic attack backstage, said I knew too much about them and Alex Gaskarth probably thought I was following him(funny, since I was at catering and In N Out first...) etc etc.

I think that covers it…

Youtube videos since linking wont work:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kelsiann0419

Photobucket Pictures
August 22nd, 2009 at 11:16pm