Last Day of Summer. Whoa! Where did it go?

This summer was the worst for my family. With the bad economy and money issues. I've been stuck in the house for most of the summer and only went out with friends if they paid for me. Which is embarrassing because I don't like to feel like a free loader.

I only had enough money to buy school clothes for one day of school while my best friend brought fricken cat ears for thirty bucks! My outfit cost thirty bucks! (Not jealous just found that kind of stupid).

I have a facebook so my friends talk about going to concerts or seeing sports events. The only time I see a concert or sports event is when I watch it on TV. Like Bos, against NYY tonight. (Neither teams I like so....)

Then again I don't want to sound selfish because there are kids who don't get the opportunities I do. Who don't even have a house to stay in this summer. So that's sad too.

At least I can say that I'm in a special program that gives me free school supplies, money, and a job for next summer. So I guess that's pretty cool. Also I'm really exciting about becoming a freshmen now that a lot of my fears have disappeared. (For Now) Check out my 'Starting high school' entry and you'll understand.

Since I'm banned from writing stories. It's not too bad, I have time to work on mine now. So I'll do that a lot of the grammar stuff is hard but I got tips. So enough about me.

How was your summer? And what are you planning on doing your last three days? I'm planning on sleeping in since it'll be the last time I'll wake up for school at eight. LOL.

Stay breezy and fresh!
August 23rd, 2009 at 04:46am