Rant mode has begun.

It's been a really long time since I've been on here, besides to read things on my subscription list. And quite frankly, with all these new changes coming, that's probably how it's going to stay. While some of the changes I do like, because they are ultimately eliminating the lesser quality stories on here, but I think it kind of defeats the purpose of this site. I liked this site because it was pretty much free to write whatever you want, and however you wanted it to be done. Now, they are making all these rules to try to dictate how things can be done. While I understand that it is their site, but it's for US to use.

Like I just don't get the whole banning thing. You make a couple mistakes, you're gone for a month. And then when you're re-evaluated, everything has to be absolutely perfect. Which, as you know, is not possible. Everyone makes mistakes, but even the smallest mistake could extend your ban. It's all really quite ridiculous if you ask me. Hate on me if you want, but that's just my opinion.

I didn't just make this nifty journal to bitch about new rules. I also came to let out some steam about my idiot boyfriend. If anyone can make sense of this very complicated, and wordy explanation coming up, please let me in on the secret?

Being as my current situation with no license (another very complicated and stupid story), I can't drive to school for the beginning weeks of school. So like usual, my boyfriend is going to drive. Now, my nephew who lives in the same house as me, is starting in highschool too, which by the way, is in the same building. Now wouldn't it make sense for my boyfriend to take my nephew too? Because not only is the bus stop about a mile or less from my house, but last year, another kid almost got picked up by a convicted pedophile. And even with this knowledge, the high school won't move the bus stop closer to our house.

So my mom asked if my boyfriend could take my nephew to school with us (I mean, he's already going to our house, and we are all going to the same building) and now he's throwing a royal fit because he doesn't want to take him for whatever reason. While I understand that it is his car, this is not a very hard request. I pay him weekly in gas money, so I don't really see the issue.

And of course, if that wasn't annoying enough, he said that once I get my license, that I should drive myself to school. Even though we live within 5 minutes of each other, my car gets better gas mileage,and we hang out nearly everyday after school so it would just make sense for us to go together. Mainly I think the reason he doesn't want to go with me, because he wouldn't want to pay me the gas money instead.

But I think he will eventually try to persuade me to go with him, otherwise he has to pay for his gas all by his lonesome.

Not that anyone cares, but I'm in a pretty foul mood and needed to rant.
August 23rd, 2009 at 06:26am