I've been dreaming I was lucid

I had a very peculiar dream last night & it's something that has been on my mind all day. I don't remember a lot of my dreams, except for the exceptionally weird ones. I can still remember very vivid, lucid dreams that I had back when I was sixteen. I've been pondering the meaning of this dream all day, and now, as I sit here with my Black Russian, I felt compelled to write it down.

In my dream, I was basically alone except for my friend Andrew. The last time I saw him was actually a month ago, today, when we ran into each other on the bus and he offered to buy me flowers. I guess for the sake of understanding my dream a bit more, I should explain who Andrew is for a little bit. In regards to his personality, he's one of the sweetest people I think I have ever met. He's really quite innocent - he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, and I've only heard him swear about once in the whole time I've known him. Haha, I remember, back in May, when we were doing our annual Habitat for Humanity benefit, he ended his set and we started talking, and then he asked if I wanted a drink, so he buys me a water and lemon from the bar. He's always treated me with only the utmost kindness and respect. In that sense, he kind of reminds me of a Hobbit, in that they're very pure and kind-hearted. He's also a very gifted drummer, and I say this all the time, but he really does remind me of Adam Carson from AFI. They both have light blue eyes and dark hair, except Andy's is much more curlier, and his nose isn't as crooked either.

So, in my dream, was about to leave for a big journey to somewhere. I was at the gate at the airport, and my friend Andrew was there, along with his brother, Daniel. I gave Andy a big hug, and I asked him if he would be here when I got back. He said yes, so I say my goodbyes and go through the gate. Once I get through the gate, I found this big, electric blue pad. Not thinking much of it, I walk over it and poof - I get turned into a horse. =S.

So, I'm a horse now, for no apparent reason, and I get dragged away by these people in dark crimson, almost burgundy & gold coloured coats away. They take me into this big wide room, where I see a pair of male & female lions, dogs, goats and some other animals. I overhear them saying that these people were going to put these animals on this plane and fly them to a secret location where they'll never be found. But I realize that I was the only horse there, so the people were like, "well, we need to get a stallion, then." As they say that, these other people in coats bring in this horse that has a very light coat, a dark tail & mane and light blue eyes, and of course, I recognize it as Andy, even though he's a phucking horse now.

The people in coats pair the two of us together, and we start talking through telepathy. I'm kind of freaking out and I told Andy that we have to get out of here and become people again. So, we manage to get out of the restraints and escape the people in coats, except now they're chasing us through this huge building that doesn't have very wide corridors and not too many places to hide. The people in coats were coming after us and somewhere in this giant building, we find this freight elevator that we can both fit in. The people in coats are catching up to us, but luckily the doors close, but the elevator doesn't start going down. The people start pushing on the door, trying to open it, so we put our weight against the door. and just in time, the elevator starts moving down.

Once we're down on the bottom level, we start trying to find the blue pad, thinking that maybe it can turn us back into people. We're running around this giant facility, whilst also trying to avoid the people in coats, and eventually we find the blue pad, although it takes us two times to make it work. So, we're people again, so we find a place to hide in another building. It's this big, wide room with light blue walls and a bed on one side of the room. We start cleaning it, for whatever reason, and that's when I began to wake up.

I'm fascinated by dreams. If I have a weird one, I'll look up the symbols in a book of dreams I have at home. Anyways, that's just something that has been on my mind all day. It feels good to write it down. Ten points to whoever knows what song the title lyric is from. I think my Black Russian is starting to get to me. I'm gonna go to bed now.

What is the strangest dream you've had, as of late?

- Linden
August 23rd, 2009 at 11:30am