Warped Tour, August 22nd.

I went to Warped tour yesterday (Saturday, August 22, 2009) and some crazy things happened. Here's everything that happened from when I got there to when I left.

I arrived around noon, maybe even a little earlier, and my friend, Elena, and I didn't waste any time; we went straight for the Forever The Sickest Kids set at the Hurley.com stage. While we were waiting, we got to watch LoveHateHero on the SmartPunk stage right next to us. The LHH guitarist kept talking about making out, and I'm sure he got to make out with lots of girls that day.

Forever the Sickest Kids came on, and I was surprised when I knew every single one of their songs. Well, except for their new one. That was really fun, and it was a great way to start off the day. After that we wandered around a little bit and checked out some merch tables and such. Since we had nothing to do, we decided to go wait in the All Time Low signing line.

We got into line, and we were in the front, but then some guy told us that we had to go back to the merch table to get a signing pass. So we ran over there, got our passes, and when we got back the line was twice as long. We got into line and started to wait. Some guy kept bugging us about signing up for some free thing, but he was scary so I said no. Then some guy came up to me and Elena with a stencil and spray paint. He was on his knees and looked up to Elena and said, "May I?" She backed away, so he came to me and asked. I pointed at my calf and he spraypainted some logo onto my leg.

Two hours later, All Time Low was going to be coming to the signing table any minute! I hear the guy with the microphone shout, "ALL TIME LOW!" I looked up at the table, looking for them, but I didn't see them. Then, I felt somebody forcefully bump into my arm while passing through the line. I was a bit frusterated, but when I look to my side, I see Jack Barakat standing there, apologizing to me! I was in shock, so I just stood there and nodded.

Jack and Zack went up to the table first, then a minute after, Alex Gaskarth came walking up. His arm brushed against mine, and he lightly touched my shoulder and smiled as an apology. (He had a little bit of a sruffy beard. So hot) Then Rian walked back and they walked up to the table and sat down. I was a bit disappointed when I realized that I should've asked Alex for a hug, since we weren't allowed any pictures or hugs at the table. :(

I waited in line for another thirty or forty minutes, and when I finally handed my signing pass to the chick, I started to freak out. (At that time, I was with my friend Jenny, so didn't really like ATL) I handed the little pass thingy to Zack, since he was the first person. He smiled at me and then pointed to his nose. "We have our noses pierced on the same side," He said. I smiled and nodded. I was too shy to actually say anything.

Then next was Jack. He was staring at me and smiling for a while, then he signed my pass thingy and I grabbed it and handed it to Alex. That's when I really froze. I didn't know what to say! Or if I should have even said anything. Alex passed my thing to RIan, and while he was signing it, I went back over to Alex and just looked at him for a minute with a smile. He was smiling back, and then all of the sudden I got super serious and I just said, "I love you." Then he got really serious and looked at me and said, "I love you...more." Then he gave me a high five and kind of grabbed my hand for a minute. Then Jack was laughing and gave me a high five, too.

I grabbed my little pass thingy and thanked Rian as I walked away. I held onto my pass with both hands and I was staring at it as I walked away. It was amazing.

After the signing I met up with my friend Elena again, and we left to go see We The Kings at the main stage. That was really fun. I knew all of the songs, and Travis was super duper hilarious. "I'd like you all to know that I have ripped my pants. But don't worry, I'm wearing underwear. You don't have to worry about my huge weiner attacking the crowd...it's contained. Maybe he'll come out to party later tonight."

They also talked about some girl having sex with a donkey is mexico. HAHA.

After WTK, All Time Low was coming on. Me and Elena made our way to the very middle...bad idea. The music had barely started and everyone was pushing and shoving, and within thiry seconds Elena was shoved to the back, and I was shoved to the front. I started to freak out because I was alone. I was then lurched into this huge pile of people who had fallen over. I was on the pile, and there was nothing I could do so I just laid there and let other people fall ontop of me. After a while, I ended up getting out of the pile. I really don't even know how.

I was then pushing through the crowd, trying to get out, but I somehow ended up in the middle of a moshpit. I decided, what the hell, I'm just going to mosh. So, there I was, moshing like crazy, until my dehidration and lack of oxygen caused me to pass out in the middle of the pit. Two songs later I woke up and I was standing next to some dude. I'm guessing he pulled me out, but I'm not really sure. I started to freak out again, so I was trying to push through the crowd to get out, but it was insane. My shoulder was killing me, and my sunglasses were broken from a crowd surfer. I saw some people rushing through the crowd, so I grabbed onto the girl and followed them out of the crowd.

I was still kind of delirious, so I bought a water and called my friends. I met up with them, and when I finally got to them, I collapsed again. I drank some more water, and then I just started to burst out into tears. I was crying for many reasons. One) I didn't get to watch All Time Low. Two) I was in massive pain. Three) I was scared.

I stopped crying, and then I just started to laugh. While I was laughing, I kind of passed out again. Tristan, Jenny, Dana, and Elena started to freak out and help me up. We walked over to the first aid area and sat down while Tristan and Jenny went to watch Meg and Dia.

After that I went with Tristan and Jenny to buy some stuff. We ran into Paul Griffiths (creator of Babycakes clothing line) and then met LoveHateHero. The guitarist was flirting with everybody, trying to make out with girls and what-not. After that I bought a five dollar All Time Low shirt from Vinny!!! I was kinda shocked to be meeting him, but I didn't say anything about knowing exactly who he was. haha.

After that, we headed over to the main stage and watched a bit of NOFX. We stayed in the back for that, because it was really crazy. After they played, we started to make our way to the front for 3OH!3. I was really scared, but I decided to trust my friends when they said that everything would be fine.

At first, everything was great during the show, we were dacing, singing, and freaking out. Then the pushing started, and I started to freak out. But Dana told me to close my eyes and just go with the flow. So I did, and that really helped. She helped protect me from crowd surfers, but she ended up getting pegged really hard and crying. She took some medicine, and then she was kind of okay.

After a while, it just got worse. A mosh pit broke out right next to me, and there was nothing we could do. I ended up in the mosh pit again. Dancing, and pushing people. Dana was there too. When she pushed one guy, though, he grabbed her arm and threw her onto the ground. She skid across the pavement and into the moshpit. I started pointing and screaming her name. Some guy noticed me pointing at her and helped her up. I ran over to her and yelled at my other friends for being so stupid, then I pulled everybody out. Dana was bleeding, and her head was hurting really bad. After ten or so minutes of sitting near the stage, Dana, Jenny, and Tristan went to first aid while me and Elena went to watch the Millionaires.

Before the show, the singer of Sing It Loud was right next to me. (He's dating one of the girls in The Millionaires) He asked the people around me if they had a lighter he could borrow, but they all said no. I ignored him, because I didn't realize who he was. Once it registered, he left and I couldn't get a picture :(

The Millionaires had a great show, but I was next to this really sweaty, stinky, fat guy who was like grinding on me and Elena. I wanted to throw up. After the show, we started to walk around, when we heard some music in the distance.

Elena goes, "Is that Breathe Carolina?"

I told her that it could be their last song since they were on at the same time as the Millionaires. We paused for a minutes before sprinting to the stage and catching the last of their set. After the set, David (The short, adorable, black-haired one) walked off of the side, so we followed him and waited for a few minutes before we got a hug and a picture. He was kind of shy.

After that, we met up with Elena's mom and girlfriend so we could go home. It took forever to get out of the parking lot, and while we were waiting, some idiot who was trying to merge into the line, decided he was going to go somewhere else. So he went into reverse and slammed on the gas, so he went backwards really fast and rammed right into the car behind him. He didn't even know he was there. The other guy was pissed because his car would no longer start. I thought that was really funny.

After a while we got out of the parking lot and came home safely :)

If you want to see some pictures, they're in an album on my myspace.

myspace.com/elisegeree
add me to see them. You can delete me after if you wish. :)
August 23rd, 2009 at 10:10pm