Today’s been a good day [Halloween Sweet Sixteen]

So, as the title says, I’ve had a good day. This morning I went to breakfast at my grandma’s house. My mom, sister, and I usually go to my grandma and grandpa’s house on Sunday morning for breakfast but lately we haven’t been able to. My grandma’s been sick and she has to get a biopsy which worries me. She’s such a strong force; she’s what keeps our family together. Without her we would break apart and we all know it. I know she won’t be around forever but whenever she has to go to the doctor, her health isn’t great, or her blood sugar is really high I get worried. So it was nice to have a happy breakfast with her this morning.

Then we went home and my sister gave me a Lightning McQueen notebook. I love Cars to death, it’s such an adorable movie! At 12:35 I had to leave for work, I was working until 4:30 but they were good parties, two were really calm. I also got a new schedule and I’m working next Monday. I’m so happy that I’ve been getting more hours lately.

My mom got an Autumn Leaves candle today, I love the smell of that so I have it next to me and I probably won’t give it back to her. It just smells so great, I wish there was a lotion or spray with the scent at Bath and Body Works.

My sixteenth birthday is next month so I’ve been thinking about what I was going to do for my birthday. I’ve been joking around with my mom for the past two months with ideas like a princess theme or a Pixar movie theme. So I jokingly said we should do a costume party and it stuck so I’m going to have a costume/Halloween themed Sweet Sixteen. It’ll be a sleepover too like I usually have but this’ll be the first time I had a themed party. I wanted to have a Harry Potter birthday party when I was younger but I was kinda the only one of my friends that liked Harry Potter.

I’m trying to think of what I’ll dress up as. I’m going to wear a tiara so maybe a princess or a faerie. I have almost a month to think about it. I have to get the invites out soon, though, so everyone has time to get a costume. At least they’ll have their Halloween costumes early.
August 24th, 2009 at 02:54am