I'm Absolutely Terrified.

So, if you've read this journal, you may notice that I had a pretty terrible first day at high school. Unfortunately, it's left me with an insomnia phobia that continues to plague me a year later.

I consider that first day the start of all my troubles. My anxiety ran high, my grades ran low. I may be taking anxiety medication now, but every once in awhile it still doesn't stop me from panicking (although, I have noticed a decline).

Nevertheless, as the days towards the beginning of my sophomore year ominously loom closer and closer, I find myself worrying more and more. I don't want this year to be like last year. I have potential to do so much better with my my schoolwork, and I don't want my fears and anxiety getting in the way.

I just want to have a normal year, without running to the nurse's office or guidance every other period.

I've expressed my fear to my mother, but she merely brushes it off, saying everything will be fine. I don't find it very reassuring.

I just wanted to get this off of my chest. Maybe someone has some empathetic suggestions for me. In the meantime, I may take a dose of Tylenol P.M. before heading to bed.

I should also start going to bed earlier this week.

Feeble and hand-wringing cheers,
Bee
August 24th, 2009 at 05:15am